C15 - Newt's memory

Chapter Fifteen — Newt's memory

We gathered wood to make a fire once the sunset. Frypan talked about his memories with Winston back in the Glade. And they indeed missed the Glade. Again, the thought of Mark came to my mind.

When they were asleep, I was turning and tossing with a million thoughts in my head — the letter, Mark, Newt, and Thomas. Seeing Thomas who slept beside me made me think of every single pain I felt since the first time I saw him.

"Y/N?" Newt whispered, "Are you asleep?"

I sighed and turned around to face him. "I can't sleep...why?"

Newt moved to my side and lay down. "I need to tell you something." He didn't wait for my answer and straight to the point, "I had a dream about you..."

I frowned, "When?" so, it wasn't only me who had a weird dream about him.

"After we escaped the maze, two dreams with the same person." The corner of his mouth lifted a bit as he stared into my eyes, "The first one was about going home and there was one woman. Bloody gorgeous with her brown hair and she was waiting for me at home. It's the first dream I ever had after three years in the Glade. I mean, about a 'woman'." He laughed gently to not wake up the others, "the dream continued and this time, I saw the woman's face. Her voice and the way she looked at me as if I was the weirdest person on earth."

"And?" I urged him to finish as for the growing instinct within me.

"That woman is you, Y/N." Newt admitted, "But, I remembered calling you by another name..."

'Jean.'

"I don't want to think it just a dream, though. Well, maybe after they injected me with those vitamins, I start to remember my past." Newt sighed.

I raised my brows, "Wait...did they? who?"

"The woman with long hair and fair skin." Newt giggled a bit, "the same doctor that helped us escape."

Dr.Irene. She must have given back Newt's memory. It meant that Newt must have remembered his past.

'Why are you doing this, Dr. Irene?' I thought. "Let's get some sleep,
" I suggested.

"Good night." Newt left a kiss on my head before we both nodded off.