C12 - "I'M HOME."

Chapter twelve - "I'm home"

The surroundings felt familiar to my sight - the furniture and the city view from above.

This was the previous room in my dream.

This time, it was almost night as the clock on the wall showed exactly 8 pm. I was in the kitchen - as if waiting for someone to come home.

I stood up and walked to the living room, which wasn't far from the kitchen. I couldn't make out why this room was dim - mostly. The image of Ava Paige played in my head once my eyes caught the stairs, but it dissolved when one's voice rang in my ears.

I turned around, and a figure of a man walked into the living room - still in his uniform, in which I didn't know what kind of uniform he was wearing. I squinted my eyes to focus on his face as the light didn't help me much to see his face. My eyes widened once he walked into the light.

"I'm home." He said, in that accent that made my heart fluttered - somehow.

I made my steps towards him, slowly, "N-Newt?"

He looked much different - his blond hair was nicely styled with his cheery lips. "You okay?"

As if I was muted, no words escaped from my mouth. "Why are you here...?" was the only question I could say.

He frowned and looked at me as if I were the weirdest person on earth. "Did you drink?" he waved his hand over my face, "it's our house, love."

I almost dropped my liver once he blurted that out. I wanted to ask him more, but it was all disturbed when I was awakened.

"Y/N..." Newt's hand on my arms - shaking me softly, "Wake up. We need to go now?"

"Where are those cranks?" I sat up, rubbing my eyes to wipe off the sleep out of my eyes. "Are they gone?"

Thomas scrutinized the surrounding, "yeah. We're safe, for now." Thomas bent down next to me, "Grab something to fill your empty stomach first."

From Thomas's eyes, I could sense that he might remember something new about his past, and he kept it to himself. The first time I saw him in the maze, I couldn't lie but wonder about him - as if he played the most important part of my life.

Whatever Thomas might be in my past, I hoped he didn't bring any bitter memories.

With that, we got ready to leave as the cranks were already gone, for now. I stretched out my arms with the big yawn ever. Looking over at Newt, I wondered what happened next in that dream.