Chapter Twenty Five

My grip loosened as we approached the door. I stuck the key in while trying not to notice Gavin's cocky smile.

"In a rush, baby?"

I rolled my eyes but hoped he couldn't see the pink hue of my cheeks in the dim lighting. The farther we strayed from the party, the easier it was to relax.

But I wasn't out of the woods yet.

Gavin leaned on the door frame with a devilish glint in his eye. My stomach flipped. Then, the door swung open.

I swallowed, taking in the messy room in all of its glory. After the first step inside, a weight lifted off my shoulders.

Gavin and I were alone.

Thank God.

I turned, ready to bridge the awkwardness with a sarcastic quip, but Gavin had other, more enticing plans.

Before my mouth opened, Gavin wrapped his arm around my waist and dragged me into his intoxicating embrace.

I stammered the remnants of my last coherent thought while he cupped my face. Then, with a smug grin, he told me to "shut up".

For once, I listened.

His eager touch started on my chest, brushing against my nipples as he traveled down my body. I sucked in an expectant breath when his fingers slipped underneath the fabric of my skirt.

Shit.

He would not get me off that easily. "Now, are you going to be good and pick a number?" Gavin's thick voice carried across the backroom.

I bit my lip, preventing sarcasm from seeping out. Then, I gave in. "Six."

He chuckled. "You sure about that?"

My stomach flipped. "Depends on what I'm choosing."

"Where's the fun in that?" Gavin asked while playing with the edge of my panties. His mouth opened again, likely to tease me further, but then our eyes met.

"Gavin I-"

His fingers looped underneath the sheer fabric separating us. My eyes widened and my lips formed an O as he targeted my clit. I dug my nails into his shoulder, holding on as if I could melt into the floor at any minute.

The party raged on just outside the heavy storeroom door. Did we remember to lock it behind us?

Will someone barge in, catching us in the act?

Once the idea formed, I couldn't shake it away. Gavin's wandering, sinful touch didn't help prevent any more vividly erotic thoughts from seeping in.

And yet, my head spun with all the reasons that us-this could end badly. Gavin's teasing caused stars to form in my eyes.

I sucked in a breath, spreading my legs further at his command.

Then, he slipped his fingers inside without warning. I gasped but leaned into the sudden invasion.

How long had it been since we-

Oh, right. Mac.

My stomach flipped at the thought of her. I let it fuel the fire growing inside of me. Every part, every inch, of me burned for him.

No matter the cost.

My head tilted back as he stroked my g-spot. Something I wasn't even sure I had until that moment.

The stars became galaxies; every passing second adding to the indescribable warmth gathering deep inside of me.

If he didn't stop, I was going to-