TBTFTB- Chapter 3

TBTFTB-Chapter 3

LAYLA'S POV

It was Thursday and Sarah refused to talk to me. She only wore grey lately and was never perky anymore. She avoided me at all costs. She now sat at the boys table, so I was alone at lunch. She payed no attention to me. After the date with Louis, she changed totally. Her eyes were more blue and she looked tired a lot. Her hair was always down, covering her neck. Sarah had only spoken 3 words to me after the date until now.

"Leave me alone."

Those were the words when I asked her what was the matter. Odd. I had to figure out what was wrong. I knew it involved the boys.

At the last bell ring, I bolted from my seat and out the school doors. I knew exactly what I had to do. It may sound ridiculous but just wait. I ran to the public library and straight to the desk. The little lady who was standing there had her grey hair in a bun and had little eye glasses perched on her nose.

"Yes?" She asked.

I gulped. Please don't let me sound insane.

"I need everything you have on vampires."

ZAYN'S POV

I watched Layla leave the school in a haste. I followed slowly behind, making sure to be unseen.

She was honestly the most beautiful human I have ever seen. She always had her straight blonde hair in a blonde ponytail, which somewhat made me irritated. I wonder what her hair would look like down. She wore a pretty sundress with blue flowers on it today. It showed off her toned legs and beautiful face.

She ended up at a library. What the...? Should I just take her now? I mean no one was around.

'Not yet Zayn! Be patient like I was.'

I snorted as Louis spoke in my head. It's not like he waited with Sarah. Sarah was still transforming into one of us. It had taken her longer then usual. I was hoping it wouldn't take Layla as long to become one of us. Layla noticed something was wrong with Sarah and us, and that worried me.

I waited about 10 minutes before entering the library after Layla. I had to find out what was up.

LAYLA'S POV

The little lady led me upstairs to a small section.

"Here you go. Working on a school project?"

I nodded.

"You could say that..."

She gave me one last smile before descending down the stairs. I pulled out at least 10 books. Dracula, all you need to know about vampires, I'm a vampire how about you?, etc. I sat on a small leather couch at the side and tucked my legs underneath me. I placed the books on my right side.

8 minutes later, I was on my last book. I had placed all the other books away. I was engulfed in the last book; symptoms of being a vampire. I read the first page and all my questions were answered.

Symptoms:

•Coldness- Vampires have a certain coldness that comes with them.

•The wanting of loneliness- Vampires do not want to have the presence of people around them.

"Shit." I muttered under my breath.

The last one screamed Sarah and the first one screamed the boys.

"Hey Layla. What are you doing here?"

Speak of the devil. It got colder in the room instantly. I got to my feet and quickly hid the book behind my back. Zayn stood before me. He was wearing a black shirt with a varsity jacket on top. Most girls would of fainted at how close he was, but I'm not like most girls. He was inches from my face. I looked at the floor.

"H-hey. I just got here."

ZAYN'S POV

"H-hey. I just got here."

Lies lies lies. She must think I'm stupid.

This girl fascinates me. Most girls would have passed out from me being so close to them. I don't know why, I guess it's just the affect I have on them.

I looked around her legs to see a vampire book. No surprise there. She didn't notice I noticed.

"Well I better go." She said as she pushed past me.

I watched her carefully put back her book and practically bolt out of the library. I wandered over to the section Layla had put her book in to see if I was right about what she had been reading. If I was right then she would be in big trouble. Actually I would be in big trouble. Guess what? I was right.

•trouble trouble trouble• guess what happens? Not good stuff that's for sure•