TBTFTB- Chapter 36

TBTFTB- Chapter 36

*3 weeks later*

LAYLA'S POV

"Can you grab a plate for me babe?" Zayn asked, mixing the ingredients for cookies in a bowl.

"Sure, if I can reach it." I responded, going on my tippy toes to reach the top cabinet.

I went to the very tip of my toes, but the cabinet was far beyond my reach.

I could hear Zayn sigh before he wrapped his arms around me from behind. His chest leaned against my back, his chin resting on my shoulder.

"You're really short, you know that?" He teased, freeing one of his hands from around my waist and reaching to the top cabinet with ease.

"No, I had no clue." I replied sarcastically as he grabbed a plain white plate and set it down in front of me.

"Mmm, you smell good." He said, brushing his nose against my neck.

I spun around and giggled, flipping the radio on as I spun.

Zayn groaned, knowing my full intentions. I let out a small snort. I didn't know he hated it that much.

"Do we have to?" He pleaded.

"Yes! Everyone has finally left the house and we haven't done it for a long time!" I said, slipping my hands into his, pulling him away from the kitchen and into the large living room.

The radio blared the song 'same love' by Macklemore as we walked to the middle of the open carpet.

"I love this song, but it's not really a dance song. Shall we try a different station?" I asked Zayn, who shrugged.

I took that as a yes and practically skipped to the old radio. I twisted the dial to the next station to hear a perfect song.

A thousand years by someone I forget (A/N : I know who it's by but Layla doesn't ;) )

"PERFECT!" I said, skipping to Zayn.

"Ready?" I said, smiling at my boyfriend.

"As I'll ever be."

You see, the time I knew Zayn, he hated dancing. He was more of the 'hunt for a deer because I'm hungry' guy. Me? I'm a dance girl. I love dancing. I still remember dancing at the nightclub the first time Zayn and I went on the date I didn't agree on. That didn't turn out well, but hey, I still got to dance.

I wrapped my arms around Zayn's neck as his large hands rested firmly on my hips. The soft tune played through the house, echoing because of all the glass windows we have.

The song started,

'Heart beats fast

Colors and promises

How to be brave?'

Zayn and I swayed slowly back and forth together, both of us looking up into each others eyes.

"Do you know this song?" I asked.

"No, but I've heard of it." He replied, not taking his eyes off me.

'How can I love when I'm afraid to fall

But watching you stand alone?

All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow'

"You know, this is nice." I said as Zayn's arms relaxed around my hips instead of what we started with.

"Dancing?" Zayn asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Well yeah, but acting like normal people." I replied.

"We are normal people Layla." Zayn emphasized on the 'are'.

"We're vampires Zayn, people fear us." Zayn spun me in a twirl as the chorus played:

'I have died everyday waiting for you

Darling don't be afraid I have loved you

For a thousand years

I'll love you for a thousand more'

Zayn didn't reply as we kept dancing. This was nice. We never really got time together. It was always drama this drama that. Zayn was the closest person I had, and the person I loved the most. We never got time spent together because either the boys always needed him for some reason or he went for a hunt. Luckily everyone, even the girls, went out for lunch. I said I wouldn't go, and Zayn was about to go, but I stopped him. Yeah, he pouted about missing lunch with the guys, but he also was happy to be able to spend time with me.

"Time stands still

Beauty in all she is." Zayn leaned in and sang in my ear.

I pulled away slightly but didn't loose my connection with him,

"I thought you didn't know this song! Also you never told me you knew how to sing!"

Zayn smirked and pulled me against him again, his mouth next to my ear as he sang the next part of the song,

"I will be brave

I will not let anything take away

What's standing in front of me."

My heart swelled and my stomach erupted with butterflies as he sang to me. His voice was deep but had a beautiful melody inserted into it.

I pulled away from Zayn once more and hit him lightly with my small fist on his chest,

"You, Zayn Malik, are a liar." I said, holding in a smile.

"Wanna say that again?" Zayn said with fake anger.

"You, Zayn Malik, are a-" I hadn't finished my sentence when Zayn swept me up in his arms bridal style.

I hadn't even been in his arms for two seconds when he threw me on the couch. He soon came after me, lifting his body just above mine; his legs were beside mine and his hands were beside my head. I couldn't stop laughing at how bad his acting was. My cheeks were starting to hurt from laughing so hard.

"Do you really think you should be the one to be laughing considering I've got these?" Zayn lifted one of his hands and wiggled his fingers.

"Haha- wait, what?" I stopped laughing and raised an eyebrow, confused.

Suddenly Zayn's hands were all over my body, tickling me everywhere. I started laughing all over again, barely having time to breathe.

"Z-Zayn you're killing me." I kidded as he continued and I laughed.

After about 5 minutes of that, both of us stopped and just panted; clearly out of breath.

"Hey Layla?"

"Yes?"

Zayn smiled, leaning down so our noses were touching,

"I'll never let anything or anyone hurt you."

That warmed my heart.

I lifted my head and gave him a quick kiss before pulling away.

"I love you Zayn."

"I love you too Layla."

•NOT THE END OF THE STORY• I thought this story had a little drama and need more romance so wala• ok I love you all• Kik me if you have anything to say : ducksanddonkeys•

Song of the chapter: Stand Up by One Direction (:

Question of the chapter: What do YOU want to happen in the next chapters of TBTFTB?