Chapter 6- No Time

I don't know how long it's been, but my clock reads 10:00 pm. I already got into my night gown and so I just read in bed. The door hasn't been opened even a crack since my punishment. Jeanine must still be upset, but I know that eventually she will interrogate me later. If it won't be soon, it'll be in the morning, and I'm not looking forward to that.

After reading for some time I cast my book on the reproduction of plants aside, and drag myself deeper into my covers. I stay under them for a long time; waiting- either for Jeanine, or for sleep to take over. Just as I drift off into sleep, my senses are awakened by the sound of the door to my room being cracked open. If Jeanine sees me under the covers then she will probably conclude that I am asleep, but part of me longs to talk to her; to explain that I disagree with what she is doing. I stir in the covers until I get my head out. The sudden burst of freedom from the carbon dioxide is refreshing, but I focus my attention on Jeanine.

She stands at the foot of my room, staring thoughtfully at me, and is noticeably calmer now. By the look that she gives me, I can tell that she is curious to know why I behaved the way that I did. "Goodnight." Jeanine says in a monotone. I don't answer back and she begins to close the door, but I decide to stop her.

"Wait!"

  "It already happened, and we can't change that. It's not you to be this way, so never do it again. There will be further repercussions however if you do so. Understand?" I reply a short and barely audible yes. Jeanine closes the door and I am drenched in unnerving darkness.

 sorry everyone that this chapter was so short and probably boring, but I plan on updating more later this week and I have a surprise for everyone soon. For those of you who have even put up with reading one chapter, thank you. Every bit counts. Just so you know, the feedback also helps too, so thank you for that as well. Like I said, I'm sorry that this chapter probably wasn't as interesting as the previous ones, this is needed though.