Chapter 2-Metal, Glass, and Plenty of Blue

I didn't have much of a choice to answer that question, but if I did, I would say yes. Ms. Meedle instantly rushed to her desk to grab powders, not minding the upset students who were now growing impatient outside of the room. However, it seemed that she did see that there would be witnesses, and that was a factor to eliminate in witch craft. She walked over to the door and to the students' dismay, shut it in their faces. On her way back to me, she went to my desk and took my copy of Divergent. She looked busy now, as she took a handful of the green salt from the glass bottle that came from her desk. Ms. Meedle glanced up at me one last time, probably to make sure that I didn't run for my life, before hurtling the powder at the floor. Suddenly, a vortex formed out of the floor. I looked down in amazement but when I looked up, I didn't see Ms. Meedle. Even Worse, I felt her cold hands on my back, and soon, they disappeared as I fell into a swirling mass of faction colors. Blue, Red, Yellow, Black, Grey, and White surrounded me, but soon, I only found myself in a black void.

I expected to feel dead grass, brush my hands, but I felt warm sheets instead. Could it have been a dream? I quickly opened my eyes. The room that I was in, was not mine. I was buried in blue bed sheets, and tucked in. I couldn't have moved while in my sleep. The pillow felt comfortable, but comfort didn't satisfy my curiosity. I slid out of the warm bed. I was in a blue night gown. I made a face of disgust to myself. A dress! Next to the bed was a pair of blue slippers. They fit perfectly when I slipped my cold feet into them. They seemed too perfect. I took small carful steps as I walked to the white door that covered the outside world from me, and cracked it open, just so that I could poke my head out to see where I was. On my right was a room that looked like it was supposed to be a living room, but instead looked like a library. A big glass window on the side of the room revealed skyscrapers, but I think that the window was supposed to be used to let in natural light and an amazing horizon that would be bragged about by any smart person. Except for the books and window, the room was blue too and had a metal and glass custom designed coffee table in front of a steel colored couch.

In front of me was a kitchen that too had lots of blue and silver, or metal and glass. I didn't notice, but I should have. Blue lights illuminated the hallway that split out of the kitchen with one door in it. It was white like mine and was on the right. I wondered where it lead to, but thought not to adventure that far. I looked to see if there was anything on my left and saw a blue metal door with a glass doorknob. It looked like the front door so I didn't dare go there either. I slipped back into the room that I woke up in. Now I noticed the details of it more clearly. From the door, there was a closet on my right and a big window, similar to the one in the living room on my left. Only it had blue, light, curtains. On the wall that the bed leaned on, was a bathroom to the left. It was also blue and metallic. Bookshelves packed with genres of books leaned against the wall that the door was in. I looked up to see a light. It too glowed blue like the other lights in the apartment.

I walked over to the closet and opened its doors. Formal blue clothing was neatly folded in piles. Now I knew where I was, but why didn't I see glasses? I jumped as I heard the front door open, and close. Heels clamped on the wooden floor of the apartment and I leaped back into the blue bed that was now cold, and pretended to be dead, or asleep... or both.