Chapter 25

Mingyu's friends had prior commitments which made impossible for them to send him home, he didn't feel disappointed since he was aware that his friends were members of certain school organizations.

He is the only one who didn't have one because he had a very hectic schedule as a working student, he can't afford to add more obligations on his plate. Moreover, he chose not to call his parents because he didn't want to bother them as he knows he could manage going home by himself.

He was waiting for a jeepney to arrive, but sadly, most of them are packed with passengers. Ayaw niyang sumiksik kasi hindi maganda pakiramdam niya.

An hour had passed, yet there isn't any jeepney available for him to ride.

"Kung minamalas ka nga naman oh." Mingyu whined. He thought, "Maglakad na lang kaya ako? Hindi naman kalayuan 'yung LRT station dito."

Mingyu decided to just walk going to the LRT station since he doesn't want to wait any longer.

He was supposed to cross the road because the traffic lights is already on its red light.

While on his way, a few cars were overspeeding, even if they're supposed to stop. He walked fast as he could in order to cross the other side of the road safely.

"Gago. Nasa tamang daan ako tapos re—" his words were cut off when another car drove past and almost hit him.

He thought it was his end when someone pulled him harshly by the waist. Mingyu could smell the man's faint scent of perfume.

Before he could speak, the man took him somewhere safe and said while cupping his cheeks, "Dito ka lang. Wait for me here."

Mingyu who's still startled due to what happened, just nodded his head.

The man walked towards the car that almost hurt Mingyu, which luckily just pulled over on the side of the road. He knocked on its door harshly. "Get out of your car, you moron!" he angrily said.

The car's driver rolled down his window, "Hoy ano bang problema mo?"

Wonwoo asked, fuming in anger. It was different from his usual calm and stoic demeanor. "You should ask yourself that. Ano bang problema mo? Hindi mo ba alam na bawal magoverspeeding sa main road?"

Mingyu snapped back to the reality after being in the state of shock when noticed that the two were having an exchange of heated argument. Before things get worse, he went towards them and held Wonwoo's arm, hoping it would calm him down.

Wonwoo spat out, his words directed to the driver, "Gusto mo bang kasuhan kita? Tumatawid 'yung tao sa pedestrian lane habang naka-red light tapos sasagasaan mo?"

"Kasalanan ko bang tatanga-tanga siya?" the driver retorted back.

"Aba gago—" Wonwoo was interrupted when Mingyu clung into his arm.

"Tama na, doc." Mingyu pleaded, his eyes brimming with tears.

Wonwoo was surprisingly calmed down due to the sight. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes before looking at Mingyu, "Nasaktan ka ba? May masakit ba sa'yo?"

Mingyu shook his head in response. "Wala. Hindi niya ako nagalusan."

"Kaano-ano mo ba 'yan? Bakit ba nanggalaiti ka sa galit?" the reckless driver scoffed.

Wonwoo turned his head towards the driver's direction. His  jaw slacked, "You should not pry into someone's personal life kung hindi mo naman kakilala." he mocked. "And asawa ko nga pala sinabihan mo ng tanga." he lied, though it sounded as if he's saying the truth.

Mingyu's eyes widened in surprise. He doesn't know what's more shocking: the almost hit and run, Wonwoo losing his composure because he almost got hit by a car or Wonwoo calling him his husband.

Wonwoo cracked his neck, "EXP01230. I took note of your plate number. Isa pang ganyan mo diretsong kulungan ka na." he warned while pointing at the driver. "Ayusin mo buhay mo."

The driver felt chills creeping inside his spine. It seems that Wonwoo isn't joking with his words. Even Mingyu felt scared towards him."

Wonwoo brought back his gaze towards Mingyu, "Let's go, babe." he said sternly.

He took Mingyu's things from him and carried them, as he intertwined their hands together before pulling Mingyu with him to walk away.

.

.