Chapter 29

Wonwoo had no choice but to go with the family inside the house. The couple was Mingyu's parents. They probably misunderstood his relationship to him, so he'll just clear things up and leave afterwards. He was lead to the living room by Mingyu's mother.

Wonwoo was left sitting there when Mingyu pulled his parents towards the kitchen.

"Mamu! Papu! Ano ba? Bakit ba mapilit kayo?" Mingyu insisted. "Hindi ko nga siya manliligaw o boyfriend. Okay?"

"Nako! Anak! Papunta ka palang, pabalik na kami ng Mamu mo!" his father scolded him. "Eh ano kayo? Friends lang? May magkaibigan bang may paghatid sa bahay?"

Mingyu clung to his mother's arm, "Mamu si Papu oh! Hindi naman kasi totoo 'yun eh!"

His mother swatted his arm away, "Kaya ba nagiging bugnutin ka kasi LQ kayo nung lalaking 'yun? Ikaw ha! Nagsisikreto ka na sa amin!"

"Oo nga! Hindi ba sabi ko dadaan muna sa amin lalo na sa akin kapag may manliligaw ka!" his father stated, fuming in ire.

"O tapos may dala ka pang Mcdonald's na pagkain. Sa kanya galing 'yan noh?" his mom added.

"Ano ba 'yan? Hindi naman kasi eh!" Mingyu whined.

Wonwoo was looking around the house though he was sitting. He could see Mingyu's graduation pictures which looked like when he was a kinder up until he graduated college and what seemed a picture taken from his oathtaking ceremony , posted on the wall.

There were also framed pictures his solo pictures as well as family pictures of the three of them. Wonwoo assumed that Mingyu is also an only child just like him, which probably was the reason why his parents acted that way when they saw them outside.

The house really has a very warm vibe just like the family living there. He was snapped out of his thoughts, when Mingyu's mother placed a tray of ensaymada and a juice on the table across him.

"Thank you po." Wonwoo said politely.

The elder woman then sat on the couch across Wonwoo, with her husband and son following her afterwards.

"Papu naman eh!" Mingyu, who's sitting in between his parents, slightly pulled his father's arms.

His father shrugged his arms so his son would stop. He cracked his knuckles, "Didiretsuhin na kita iho, manliligaw ka ba ng anak ko?"

Wonwoo almost choked his non-existent food. "Huh? A—ano po?"

"Huwag mong sabihin na hindi mo niligawan anak ko, diretsong naging kayo agad?" Mingyu's dad stood from his seat, ready to hit Wonwoo but was just stopped his wife and son.

"PAPU NAMAN EHHHHH! HINDI NGA!" Mingyu complained.

"Iho, kung hindi ganun gaya ng sinabi ng anak ko relasyon niyo, magkaibigan lang ba kayo?" his mother interrogated. "Hindi familiar mukha mo kasi kilala namin mga kaibigan at katrabahong dinadala ng anak namin dito."

"Mamu, tama na kasi." Mingyu insisted. "Wala nga kasing ganun."

"Eh ano?! Alangan hinatid ka lang niya basta. Akala mo ba madadala kami sa mga pasalubong at magarang kotse?!" his father yelled. He brought his gaze towards Wonwoo, "Anong pangalan mo iho? Saan ka nakatira? Anong trabaho mo? Kaya mo bang buhayin anak ko?!"

Wonwoo felt more confused about Mingyu's father's words, despite the elder man's words he remained unfazed. "Ako po Jeon Wonwoo at taga- Reign village po ako. Kapapasa ko lang po sa physician last March." he answered politely.

"Wow. Reign village." Mingyu's mother whispered. She butted in, "Doctor ka pala. So nililigawan mo ba anak ko?"

"Mamu naman!" Mingyu whined once again, "Hindi naman kasi ganun eh! Malisyoso lang kayo."