Chapter 90 [Ch 413-417 in Twt]

Wonwoo was stirred from his sleep when he felt an arm around his waist. He opened his eyes and saw Mingyu sleeping beside him, the younger's arms encircled around his waist, head leaning on his chest.

He was shocked at first but soon realized that he was the first one to fall asleep a while ago, so Mingyu is not at fault.

Wonwoo tried to gently remove Mingyu's arms but the latter tightened his hold around him.

"Hmmmm..." Mingyu who was asleep, whined in protest, as he snuggled close to Wonwoo's neck.

Wonwoo was frozen on his spot, but recovered immediately. He attempted to release himself again but to no avail. He patted Mingyu's back gently and whispered something to his ears.

After a few minutes of waiting, he was finally to release himself from and stood up to get one of Mingyu's stuffed toys as a replacement to the spot where he left before the latter could notice his absence. He fixed Mingyu's blanket before wearing his shoes.

He stood up and was about to leave the room silently but noticed something on his face and arms.

Tumingin siya sa salamin sa kwarto at nakita ang mga wound gauze at adhesive bandages sa noo at iba-iba't parte ng katawan niya. Mukhang ginamot siya ni Mingyu habang natutulog. Lumapit siya ulit sa pwesto nito at sinara ang table lamp.

"Sleep well." he said in a hushed voice before leaving the room.

.

Wonwoo went downstairs and checked his phone. He saw the messages from his friends and parents. Mamaya na lang niya babasahin kasi mas kailangan niyang makauwi. Buti na lang walang tao sa room, mukhang tulog na mga kamag-anak ni Mingyu kaya makakaalis siya ng matiwasay.

He's about to walk his way towards the exit of the house when he heard a voice from his back.

"Doc Jeon." a voice called.

Wonwoo faced the person who had just spoken. It was Mingyu's mom. He was flustered at first but was able to maintain his composure. "Ma'am..."

"Pwedeng mag-usap tayo saglit?" the elder woman asked.

Wonwoo pursed his lips and just nodded his head in response.

Mrs. Kim invited him to sit on the couch. It was awkward at first but she broke the ice, "Totoo bang aayain mo anak kong magpakasal? O naaya mo ba kanina?" she asked. "Kanina kasi nung chineck namin at nakatulog ka, may suot na singsing si Gyugyu. Galing sa'yo 'yun, 'di ba? Hindi na namin siya nakausap kasi sabi niya inaantok na siya."

Wonwoo didn't answer immediately, careful not to say anything wrong to her. "Sorry po kung nakitulog ako kanina at pati na rin kung naistorbo ko kayong lahat." he apologized. He admitted, "Sorry din po kung inaya ko siya nang walang permiso galing sa inyo."

Mrs. Kim lets out a sigh of defeat, "Wala naman na kaming magagawa kung pumayag na siya. Nakausap na rin naman namin mga magulang mo. Sa totoo lang okay na sa aming tatlo ng parents mo na maikasal kayo, sa asawa ko lang naman tayo mahihirapan." she explained. "Papayag na rin naman 'yun kapag nagsabi na si Gyugyu sa kanya."

Wonwoo just nodded his head, he had no idea what to say and decided to listen to her intently.

"Alam mo sobrang nadisappoint talaga ako dun sa meeting natin sa bahay ninyo nung isang araw. Pakiramdam ko kasi naagrabyado talaga anak namin." Mrs. Kim recalled. "Pero naintindihan ko naman kung bakit ganun reaksyon mo. Nagulat ka lang din gaya namin. Normal lang sa mga magulang na magalit kapag tinrato ng ganun anak nila. Oo, deserve mo masigawan pero hindi naman mabugbog ng ganyan." She looked at Wonwoo, "Sorry ha kung muntik ka na mapuruhan ng asawa at pamangkin ko."