Chapter 67 [Ch 284-286 in Twt]

Dokidocs' POV

Wonwoo enters his unit, carrying a bag of coffee and donut he would be giving to his cousin.

"Kuya Seok?" he gently called. He walked towards the living room to find Seokmin, then to the kitchen but he's nowhere to be found.

Wonwoo knows his cousin is still inside the unit since he saw his shoes on the shoe rack near the doorstep a while ago.

"Baka nasa balcony." he thought, making strides going to the balcony. He smiled when he saw his cousin, seemed to be talking to someone through his phone. "Sabi ko na nga eh. Sino kayang kausap niya?"

He walked silently, still maintaining a distance to his cousin who's unware he's there. Wonwoo is supposed to leave and give him privacy, but his ears perked up when he heard a very familiar name.

He overheard him speaking, "Buti naman po Tito okay na si Gyu. Natakot nga po ako sa sinabi niyo kagabi na pinagsusuntok niya tiyan niya at nagiiyak kagabi. Buti na lang napakalma ni Tita."

Wonwoo felt a lump being formed inside his throat. Ano raw? Gyu? The one carrying his child? Anong ginawa? Nagiiyak at sinaktan sarili? His hands turned clammy as images of what could be the scenario last night flashed in his head. A pang of guilt crept into his chest as his breathing hitched, hands that were holding the bag of foods, slightly trembling and his legs getting a bit wobbly.

Mingyu could have lost his baby, their baby if not because of the latter's mother. Everything is his fault. Minghao was right. May nadamay pa dahil sa kagaguhan niya. If he hadn't been too careless, things wouldn't turn that way. Wala sanang maiistorbong buhay, wala sanang batang madadamay. Hindi sana magkakaganun si Mingyu.

Wonwoo tried to calm down and steadied his body that was about to lose its balance, by leaning his left palm on the glass window. Wala pa siyang ginagawa masyado, pero may buhay na nagsisimula nang masira. Tama kaya ang magiging desisyon niya? Would his actions be able to compensate to the pain he unintentionally inflicted Mingyu? Or would it ruin the latter more?

He forced himself to continue eavesdropping, though he doesn't have a heart to do that anymore.

Seokmin said to the one he's talking to, "Good to hear po na hindi na masyadong nagsusuka. Kung may gusto pong bilhin na food or kung ano si Gyu, sabihan niyo po ako ha?" he continued, "Tapos po pagbalik niya sa 24, kamo naschedule na siya kay Dra. Nam for checkup..."

Wonwoo's heart dropped after hearing that Seokmin is the one fulfilling the duties he should be doing. Ganun na lang ba siya kawalang kwenta? Pero Seokmin is not to be blamed, it should be himself. Wala siyang ginawa to reach out for them. Imbes na harapin ang responsibilidad, he came off as a cold and rude person who just wants to give financial support to their unborn child without minding the other needs of their child. May karapatan ba siyang maging magulang sa lagay na 'yun? Dapat ba siyang maging magulang kung ganun siya? Never in his life did he imagine to feel insecure about his shortcomings and himself, only now.

Wala.

He might be intelligent and had achieved a lot at a young age, but he will never be a good father to his child. Never.

Wonwoo turned his back as he slowly walked away. He's heard enough. Alam niya na kung anong epekto ng mga kapabayaan niya. He pads his way towards the kitchen and placed the paper bag on top of the counter top, then immediately opened the refrigerator to took a drink.

He get a glass and pour water from the pitcher before drinking it all down. He thought he knows what to do, but now everything became a blur again. He flinched when he heard a voice from his back speaking.

"Wons, kanina ka pa ba?" Seokmin asked.

Wonwoo faced him, letting out a fake smile. "Nope. Kadarating ko lang din. Ikaw ba kanina ka pa ba?"

Seokmin placed his hand at the back of his head, "Dapat paalis na ako but I had to take a call. Urgent eh," he excused.

"Kuya, dalhin mo na 'tong food. Binili ko 'yan para sa'yo." Wonwoo said.

Seokmin went near him and checked the contents of the bag, "Wow! Coffee and donut. Thank you, Wons!"

"Nakuha mo na ba 'yung naiwan mo?"

"Yup. Minsan talaga sa sobrang pagod nagiging makakalimutin na ako."

"Hahahaha. Well, that's new."

"Anyways Wons, I really have to go na ha?" Seokmin stated. "May dadaan pa kasi ako eh."

Wonwoo nodded his head in response. "Okay kuya. Take care!"

"I will." Seokmin answered. "Thanks for the food again."

Not long after Seokmin left the unit, Wonwoo brought out his phone and texted someone.

He's a coward? Yes, he really is.

He knows he should back off before he could make more damages to two innocent lives.

"Sorry..."

.

.