Freedom

The Same Day
Evening
Special Annex
(Y/N) POV

Horikita decided to go to the special annex to investigate further.

Me: It's so hot in here...

I didn't wear my blazer and was fanning myself with my shirt.

Horikita: Heat like this makes it's hard to think rationally.

Me: A perfect place to set a trap for Sudou, I guess. Well? Think you can come up with a good plan?

Horikita: I'm thinking about it. Sakura-san's testimony bought us time. If only we could find something more decisive...

Me: Speaking of which, there aren't any here.

Horikita: What?

Me: Security cameras.

She looked around and noticed it too.

Horikita: That's true. If there had been a camera, it would provide a definitive proof.

Me: Yeah...

Horikita: Of course, if there had been cameras here, things never would have come to this in the first place...

Her eyes then went wide.

Me: Hmm? Is something wrong?

Horikita: There's something I want to try.

The Next Day
Class 1-D
(Y/N) POV

I came a little early since I couldn't get a good sleep last night. Maybe because of the heat. Well, it's summer after all.

When I entered the class, I saw Sakura was sitting on her seat. I approached her.

Me: Sakura.

My greeting startled her.

Sakura: Y-Yes?

Me: Morning.

Sakura: Oh, um... Morning.

She sighed and looked at her table.

Me: What's wrong?

Sakura: Eh?

Me: You won't have to testify today. There is no need to be so tense, is there?

Sakura: R-Right...

Me: We might be able to save Sudou and everyone in the class. You're the one who made that possible.

Sakura:...

Me: I trust you. So if you ever need help, I'll be there for you.

Sakura smiled a little.

Sakura:*smiles* Thank you...

Me:*walks to my seat* It's not just me. I'm sure everyone else trusts you, too.

I put my bag on the table.