Survival Test I

The Next Day
My Room
(Y/N) POV

I couldn't get a good sleep last night. It was morning already and I was staring at the ceiling, still thinking about my plan. Then, an announcement came over the PA speakers.

"Good morning, students. We will disembark in thirty minutes. Please assemble on the deck. All students should have changed into their jerseys. Make sure to check your designated bag and your luggage, and do not forget your cell phone. Please keep all other personal items in your room. There's a possibility you will not be able to visit the bathroom for some time, so please do so now.

The private beach is near, it seems. I kept my necklace in my luggage, changed into my jersey that I used for the gym class, then I went to the deck, and waited until we reached the island.

As the island drew closer and closer, the first-years' enthusiasm reached its peak.

All the first years were gathered at the deck. Chabashira walked up to the stage in front of us.

Chabashira: As we prepared to arrive at the island, we will give an explanation of what to expect. Until then, wait here.

Ike: It's so hot... Wish they'd hurry it up.

You couldn't hide from the sun when you are on the deck. Not surprise that people are complaining.

Horikita was standing next to me while we're standing on the deck. At first glance, it didn't appear as though anything had changed, but there was a slight difference.

Horikita's hair was disheveled. She seemed a bit cold, unconsciously rubbing her arms as we waited to disembark and set foot on the island.

Me: Hmm...

Me: Were in you in your room?

Horikita: Yes, I was reading. It was extremely engaging, but as we weren't allowed to bring personal belongings, I won't get to finish it. Still...

Chabashira: Your school IDs will be confiscated. In exchange, you'll wear these wristwatches.

She showed us a black wristwatch.

Chabashira: Those who take them off without permission will be penalized.

Horikita: They're being especially careful. As if they're on high alert.

Me: Yeah. They wouldn't be going this far for a little fun on the beach.

Our homeroom teacher stepped down from the stage and another teacher walked up to it with a loudspeaker in his hand.

Mashima: I'm Mashima. Class A's teacher. First off, I'm glad that we made it here safely today. But at the same time, it's a shame that one of you was unable to join due to illness. Anyway, I'd like to start the year's first special test!

Ike: Huh?

Kushida: Special test?

Horikita frowned while I still remain emotionless.

Mashima: The testing period will be one week. You'll be living as a group on this deserted island. It'll be up to you to make your own decisions from here on out. Now, let the survival test begin!

Me: Vacation is over, it seems.

Little Timeskip
On the island
(Y/N) POV