Day 5: Underwear Thief

The Next Day
Day 5
Morning
Class D camp site
(Y/N) POV

I was finally able to get a good sleep, but it didn't last long.

Girl: Hey, boys! Wake up!

Girl 2: Wake up already!

The girls from our class woke us up. For god's sake...

Hirata unzipped the tent and asked.

Hirata: What happened?

In front of the tent were five girls led by Shinohara.

Shinohara: Hirata-kun, awful news!

The boys all went out of the tent within two minutes while rubbing their sleepy eyes. I observed the situation and noticed that the girls all looked unusually scared.

Hirata: What could it be this early in the morning?

Shinohara: It probably has nothing to do with you, Hirata-kun. But there's something we have to find out. This morning, Karuizawa-san's underwear went missing.

Even Hirata who was usually calm was visibly shaken.

Shinohara: Karuizawa-san's in our tent, crying. Kushida-san and the others are comforting her, but...

Ike: W-Wait a minute! Why are you suspecting u-

Shinohara: Why do you think? It's obvious one of you stole them overnight!

Me: Ibuki, if this is your doing, I swear to god we have to settle this later on.

Sudou protested.

Sudou: It was probably that Ibuki girl, not us!

Shinohara: A girl would never steal something like that!

Ike: How can you be so sure?

Shinohara: The point is, we can't camp in the same place as an underwear thief.

Girls: Yeah!

Me: Then, with all of my respects, please fuck off.

The girls were surprised by my answer. Most of the boys supported me.

Me: First, your statement about Hirata may not have anything to do with this is bias literally bias. No offense, Hirata. Second, LGBTQ+ exists. Third, where is your proof? And lastly, if it's you guys who have problem with us, why is it us that need to go?

Most boys: Yeah!

Hirata: Calm down, you guys.

He looked at Shinohara.

Hirata: As (L/N)-kun said, do you have any proof that it was a boy who stole them?

Shinohara: That's why we came to you, Hirata-kun. We want you to find the culprit.

Apparently, the girls weren't changing their minds on this. They had decided that the culprit was on the boys' side.

Hirata: The culprit?