Survival Test IV

The Same Day
(Y/N) POV

Hirata and I arrived at the campsite not too long after. Hirata entrusted the card he received from Chabashira to Horikita. Taking every possibility into consideration, we had everyone touch the device without it activating. This was to camouflage the leader, so a spy wouldn't know who he or she was.

Ike: Okay! That solves the bathing and drinking water problem, huh?

Hirata: I guess so. I mean, it does look drinkable.

Karuizawa: Are you sure it's okay?

Shinohara: Drinking water from a river...

The group looked at the flowing water.

Ike: What's wrong with you guys? We found an actual river! There's no way we're not gonna use it, right?

Hirata: We have time. There's no need to decide hastily.

Karuizawa: Yeah.

Shinohara: He's right.

"It's kinda scary, huh?"

They walked away. Ike sighed in frustration as I approached him.

Me: Ike, do you have experience outdoors?

Ike: I used to go camping with my family when I was little. I have no problem with drinking river water.

He scooped up some water with his hands and drank it.

Ike: You can tell a spring's purity just by looking at it.

He sounded honest.

Me: Right.

I looked to the other group who was setting up two tents. Shinohara and the girls had decided that they would occupy both tents. In other words, the boys would have to completely rough it by sleeping out in the open.

Me: I think we're pampering them too much.

The majority of our classmates had likely never slept outdoors before in their lives. Fortunately, since it was summer, I didn't think we'd catch a cold, but we were definitely going to have a hard time.

I walked towards Hirata.

Me: Hirata, do you have a minute?

Hirata: Yeah, just wait for a moment.

He said while setting up one of the tents. After he had done, he walked to me.

Hirata: What you want to talk about?

Me: Let's... Do this somewhere else...

I requested after noticing some glares were directed at me from the girls.

Hirata: Sure.

We walked away from the girls.

Me: Let me be honest, Hirata. I don't like how things are now.

Hirata: I can see that. It must be about the girls getting all the privileges.

Me: Exactly. I'm not acting spoil, but the school created this kind of exam because of a reason, Hirata. I put women at a high regard, however, in this situation, none of us should be selfish.