Survival Test II

The Same Day
Forest
(Y/N) POV

We entered the forest, led by Hirata and followed by the whole class. Horikita and I were at the behind of the group.

Me: The 3 Idiots went off on their own to look for campground and spots.

I looked at Horikita. She would ocassionally take a quick stop and continued walking again.

Me: Hmm...

Me: Not enjoying the vacation?

Horikita: I'd rather have a vacation in my dorm room than in a forest. This isn't exactly my forte. Both living in primitive way and having to be around people.

Me: I see.

Horikita: I guess the things you said to me have come true.

Me: Hmm?

Horikita: That they would test us on things beside academics. That's what you said to me.

Me: Yeah.

Horikita: Ike-kun and Sudou-kun volunteered to go searching. That's something I couldn't do.

I looked at her for a while.

Me: Will you be all right?

Horikita: Why do you ask?

Me: You're not your usual self since we boarded the ship.

Horikita: That's... None of your concerns. In fact, if Class A and Class B intend to obtain as many points as possible, then we'll need to prepare as well. We can't let the difference between us widen.

Me: Aiming for a higher class sure is tough.

Horikita: Don't you want it?

Me: Want what?

Horikita: A guarantee of the job or university you want. I'd assumed anyone who came to this school did so to guarantee that privilege.

Me: Didn't I tell you before? I just want to live my days as a high schooler at peace.

Horikita: Is that all?

Me: Yes.

I then spoke with a lower voice to make sure only Horikita heard me.

Me: And joining the Student Council is just for insurance.

Horikita: How long are you planning to keep this as secret? People will eventually notice the change in the organization chart.

Me: Well, until that happens, I'll just stay silent about it.

Horikita sighed.

Shortly after, Hirata and the others stopped.

Hirata: If we stop here, there's foliage blocking the sunlight, and it doesn't seem like we'll have to worry about amyone hearing us.

Some of the boys began teaming up and it wasn't long until they came up with opinions that clashed with Hirata's.

Hirata: Installing a toilet might be a necessary expense. To begin with, we have one simple toilet that our class, which has thirty or more students, isn't used to. I have to wonder if we can really take turns effectively without any trouble?