Day 6 II

The Same Day
Camp site

(Y/N) POV

We returned to the camp with empty hands, unfortunately. Even though the sun hadn't come out, it was even hotter here than inside the midsummer forest.

The girls who had returned from exploring were gathering in front of th shower, waiting in line. Unfortunately, the three people in line were Karuizawa and her group. It will take forever for Horikita's turn at this rate.

Kushida: Oh no... Looks like it's impossible to use the shower room...

Me: How about the river?

Horikita: Right. Looks like I don't have any choice.

Kushida: I think I'm going to go for a swim. Ibuki-san, do you want to go swimming with me? I got pretty sweaty. If we get permission, is it okay for someone from Class C to use the river?

Ibuki: I'll pass. I don't really like swimming, so I'll just wait to use the shower room.

Sakura: W-Well, I will, too...

She probably didn't want the boys to see her in her swimsuit. Undoubtedly, taking a shower with warm water is the best. Yamauchi, who was traumatized, followed me to the tent.

Quite a few students were having fun in the river. A few minutes later, Horikita and Kushida appeared in their swimsuits. I went to the boys' luggage pile, then wandered around looking for privacy.

When I returned a few minutes later, I saw Horikita washing herself while standing in the river. The cold water must have felt horrible on Horikita's sick body.

Me: Sorry, Horikita.

Then, I looked at the queue of the girls waiting to use the shower.

Me: It's now or never, Ibuki.

I nodded at Ibuki who was at the end of the queue.

About 15 minutes later
(Y/N) POV

I was playing with rocks in front of the boys' tent when Horikita appeared. She had eyes down as if something was wrong. Then, she slowly looked up and scanned the area.

When her eyes met mine, her pupils tremble. She approached me with heavy steps.

Me: Horikita?

Horikita: (L/N)-kun... Could you accompany me for a moment? We can't talk here.

With that, she walked into the forest.

Before I followed her, I looked around to see if Ibuki was around. I followed Horikita after making sure.

Me: What is it? You want to go find for food again?

She continued walking without answering me. She stopped once we had gotten far enough away that we couldn't see the camp anymore. Horikita turned to me?

Me: Horikita. What's wrong?

She looked at me and took a deep breath.