Summer Vacation

Flashback
Student Council Room
(Y/N) POV

Me: Thank you for sparing some time for me.

I said as Tachibana served a cup of coffee for me and a cup of tea for Manabu.

Manabu: I don't usually give my time away to other students, but since it's you, I think I can spare some time.

Me: I appreciate that.

Manabu: So, what is it that you want from the Student Council?

Me: Say, President. Who do you think amongst the first-years that are qualified to join the Student Council?

Manabu: There's only a few.

Me: I see.

I took a sip of my coffee and asked him another question.

Me: Then, am I listed in there?

He fell silent after hearing my question. He took a sip of his tea and spoke.

Manabu: I'm gonna say yes, but without you showing your full potential, my opinion will be labeled as bias.

Me: I see. Well, have you heard about the recent case?

Manabu: A fight between first-years?

Me: Yeah, that one. My classmate happened to involve in the case, too. As the bad guy, unfortunately.

Manabu: What's your point?

I looked at him straight in the eyes.

Me: I'll involve myself with the investigation, and I want a place in the Student Council if I win the case.

Manabu: Well, that's quite a request. But what will happen if you lose? You need to offer something with the same value with your request.

Me: If I lose, I'll drop out from here.

There was a moment of silence.

Manabu: I see. To think you'd go to this extent... It seems like your freedom here in this school is at risk.

Me: Yes, it is.

Manabu: Well then, before we made this official, is there anything else you wish to add to our agreement?

Me: There's one actually.

Manabu: What is it?

Me: In case if I win and get a place in the Student Council, I want an insurance from you.

Manabu: Hmm?

Me: If you received any report from the students about me and they want you to expel me, I want you who make the whole investigation about the case they reported.

Manabu: I see. So you're here just to get an insurance, huh?

Me: Kinda.

Manabu: I have no problem with that, but please understand that this session of Student Council will be dissolved in a few months. After I have gone, you will no longer have any insurance unless you're the president.