Day 4

The Next Day
(Y/N) POV

I couldn't get enough sleep, mostly because of the heat. I woke and found that Hirata was wide awake. I sat up and greeted him.

Me: Morning, Hirata.

Hirata: Morning. Did I wake you?

Me: No, it's just hard to sleep soundly in an emvironment like this. My back hurts.

Hirata: Haha, right.

We exited the tent and went to the river and wash our face.

Hirata: That feels nice.

Me: Must be hard, huh? Being the one keeping the class together.

I said as I dried my face with my towel.

Hirata: I do it because I like it, that's all. If it keeps everyone in the class happy, that's enough for me.

Me: Is that so?

Hirata: Plus, I have a wise advisor.

He said while smiling at me?

Me: Who? Me? Nah, instead of advices, I just complained to you during the start of the exam. And if I really "adviced" you, that's my first and only "advice" I ever gave.

Hirata: Looking forward to the next advice, then.

He said while still smiling. I just sighed.

Me: Anyway, I'm going out for recon again today.

As the time passed, the rest of the class woke up and carried out their daily chores. I went to Class C and A camp site alone but there was nothing worth to care about. Today passed uneventfully.

The Next Day
(Y/N) POV

As usual, everyone carried out their daily tasks, such as foraging and fishing.

Me: Hirata, I'm going out for recon as usual.

Hirata: Sure.

I left the camp before noon and made my way toward the forest entrance.

Sakura: Haa... Haa... Wh-Where are you planning to go now, (L/N)-kun?

Me: Doing my daily recon. Are you sure you want to follow me?

Sakura: Yeah. Sorry, I know I'm kind of a drag during searches.

Me: Aren't you afraid people will start to talk?

Sakura: No, I don't mind that at all.

Me: Hmm?

She quickly shook her head.

Sakura: Wh-When we set out on this trip, I was really down at first. I have no friends, so going on a trip wouldn't be fun, anyway. But... Now, I'm a little glad I came.

Me: I see...

Sakura: It's too bad... If I had my camera, I could take a great picture right now.