Chapter XXXIII: Jieun

Third Person P. O. V

"So?"

"I heard that they'll be having a trip to a village in Ulsan at the end of the month" the man informs.

"Good. Prepare everything and wait for my signal" his boss said, dismissing the man.

——————————
——————————

As soon as he woke up, he was greeted by a white ceiling, that causes him to close his eyes. He felt his head throbbing in pain because of the light.

"You're awake" a voice spoke gently. He tries to sit up with the help of the girl, arranging some pillows behind him to make it comfortable.

"Who are you? And where am I?" he asks, adjusting his blurry eyes at the place.

He noticed that he's inside a room, specifically a bedroom. The place was dimly lit, only the lamp provided the lights. He starts to panic, thinking that he was being setup again.

"Hey, calm down. You're at my house" the girl said, retreating her hands when Liam flinched by her touch.

"What? What am I doing here? Who are you?" Liam bombards, still tense.

The girl sighs softly, leaning on her chair and crossing her arms, "I'm Lee Jieun, you passed out in front of me at the beach so I brought you here—to my place—since I don't know where you live" Liam looks down at his clothes and internally panics, though the girl noticed this.

"Nana changed your clothes, don't worry" she said.

Liam sighs in relief, "I'm sorry, I'm just not comfortable someone doing it me" he apologize.

"I understand" she smiles. "How are you feeling? Does your head still ache?" Jieun asks.

"It's better now...I guess"

"That's great. Here, eat this soup to completely regain your health back, then drink this after" Jieun said, gesturing to the soup and medicine on the bedside table.

She put the small folding table in front of Liam and the soup. Liam quickly devours the food, while Jieun watches him in amusement.

"Are you that hungry?" she teased, chuckling. Liam felt his cheeks heat up in embarrassment.

"It's fine. It's normal, since you've been asleep for two days" she said. Liam chokes on his food, surprising the girl who gave him a glass of water

He looks at Jieun with wide eyes, "Are you serious?!" he asks in shock.

"Yeah, why would I lie?"

"Wahh, my cousin must be worried for me!"

"Well your phone's been buzzing for two days" Jieun said, gesturing to the phone on the bedside table. Liam glanced at it and takes it.

He opens it and was shock to see tons of messages from his friends and cousins.

"And you didn't answer it?" he asks in disbelief, looking at the girl.

"Ever heard about the word privacy?" she shrugs with a nonchalant look. Liam rolls his eyes.

"Ever heard of the word emergency? What if they're worried about me? Or something happened to them?" he said sarcastically. Jieun rolls her eyes this time.

"You're too negative"

"I'm not. Just stating the possibilities" he shrugs.

"Yah, you should be thankful I helped you out there!" Jieun hissed. Liam clicks his tongue and looks down at his phone to check the messages and missed calls.