Chapter XLI: Been A While

Third Person's P. O. V

"I heard about what happened last night." Kai started talking. He's with Jennie inside the office, opening up the topic about last night.

Jennie ignored him and didn't say anything and just continues with her work. Jennie then stood up and went inside the restroom. Kai sighs, taking it as a sign that the brunette doesn't want to talk about it.

The main door opens and reveals Jisoo, Taehyung, Chaeng, Bam, Wendy, Irene, and Seulgi.

"Where are the other two?" Kai asks, pertaining to Jimin and Jungkook.

"They said they'll head out first to the field after changing." Taeh said, sitting beside Kai.

Jennie then came out of the restroom all changed to her PE uniform. Her brows raised seeing them inside.

"What are you guys doing here?" she asks. Taeh shrugs.

"We wanted to go with you together to the field."

"And to make sure you will attend." Jisoo adds. Jennie then gestured to her uniform.

"You see I'm all dressed, right?" she said sarcastically as she rolled her eyes. Jisoo clicks her tongue and asks them to head to the field now.

"Wait!" Jennie said, catching all their attentions.

"What is it, Jen?" Bam asks. Jennie sighs, hesitating. Kai held her shoulders gesturing her to say what she wants.

"Dad mentioned about Hanbin being a victim." she paused, watching their reactions. She knows she did caught their attention because of their expressions.

"What did he mean by that?" she adds. Kai looks at the others then to his sister.

"Yes, Hanbin was actually also a victim." Jisoo spoke, her face serious this time.

"He was also threatened by Mingyu that if he won't cooperate with him, he will kill him. And we all know how powerful Mingyu's family are, but his parents weren't aware of their son's doings. So Hanbin had no choice or else he'll die and Mingyu will tell his parents to pull out their investments from their company." Taeh said.

"Right. He admitted to the police everything after what happened that's why he will be only detained for a month. He said his conscience can't handle it anymore that's why he betrayed Mingyu and conspired with us instead." Bam said, rubbing his temple. Jennie nods her head in understanding.

"Alright. Let's go." she said. The others then head out to the field and started to do physic activities assigned by their instructor.

——————————
——————————

"Aagghhh!" Seulgi exhaled loudly, dropping herself on the bench. Jisoo and Wendy plop down beside her sweats were also trickling down their faces.

It was their physical education class and they were given a break after thirty minutes.

"I'm tired~" Chaeng whines, sitting beside her girlfriend. Jisoo smiles and rubs Chaeng's back handing her a bottle of water.

While the four were resting, Seulgi suddenly shrieks.

"Yah!!" Wendy laughs and ran away while holding Seulgi's water bottle. Seulgi wipes away the water on her face and glares at the laughing culprit.

"Come back here, idiot!" Seulgi yelled and chase after Wendy. Jisoo and Chaeng were just watching the two with smiles on their faces. It's been a while since they have a little fun.

Irene then came along with Jennie and called out the two's attention. Wendy and Seulgi gulped and rushed to where Irene was. Irene was glaring at them.

As soon as the two reached them, Wendy and Seulgi whined in pain when Irene grabbed their ears.

"Stop playing you two or I'll pull both of your ears off!" she scolded and let's go of them. The whimpers while holding their red ears.

Jennie was just quiet when she sat on the other bench. She was suddenly feeling tired.

"Are you alright, Jendeuk?" Jisoo asks when she noticed Jennie staring at nothing.

"I'm fine." Jennie replied. Taeh sat beside her and stared at her face.

"Are you sure? You looked a little pale." Kai asks, concern.

"Guys, I said I'm fine." Jennie chuckles. "I'll head out first, I still need to finish a lot of school paperwork." she adds, getting up.

"Alright. But we'll go home together, understand?" Kai said. Jennie smiles and nods her head.

"See you guys!" she bids farewell before walking away.

It was already past 6pm and Jennie can still be seen walking in the hallway alone. Her and Kai was supposed to head home together but Kai had an urgent errand to run.

"I'm sorry sis." he said over the phone.

"It's really okay, Kai. Don't worry about me, I can handle myself." Jennie assures, walking down the hall. She stops midway and leans on the lockers.

"You alright?"

"Yeah yeah. Stop worrying or I might punch you in the face." Jennie rolls her eyes.

~thud!~

Jennie flinched after she heard a thud coming from the room beside her.

"Look, I need to go. I'll see you later." Jennie ends the call, not waiting for her brother's reply. Her brows furrowed, feeling her heart beating fast.

"Is someone there?" she said nervously holding her phone tightly. She's scared as hell as she tries to open the door. Unfortunately it was locked.

"Hey..." Jennie swung her hand in the air and a loud slap echoed through the corridors.

"Yah!" Jennie gasps when she noticed it was just Taehyung holding his face.

"You scared me, idiot!" Jennie exclaimed, glaring at Taehyung.

"It hurts!" Taeh groans. Jennie rolls her eyes and starts walking away.

"Why are you still here anyway?" she asks. Taehyung follows her while caressing his cheeks.

"I left something in my locker." Taeh replied, still groaning.

"Are you secretly attending defense class? Your hit really good and it hurts!" he adds, glaring at the girl.

"Not my fault, idiot. You scared me." Jennie clicks her tongue in annoyance. The two walks out of the main door and went to the parking lot.

As they were heading there, a scent caught Jennie's nose causing her to feel lightheaded.

"Yah! You smell really bad!" Jennie acted like she was about to vomit. Taeh looks at her in disbelief as he tried to sniff himself.

"How could you say that to your own cousin?!" he whines. Jennie gave him an intense glare. Taehyung was confused because he didn't smelled anything foul.

"You okay, Jen?" he asks, noticing that Jennie was a bit pale. Jennie ran towards a corner as she starts vomiting. Taehyung's eyes widen as he hurried beside the latter.

"Hey, what's wrong?!" he panics, not knowing what to do. Jennie pushes him away not wanting to smell that foul odor.

She stops vomiting and was turning very pale. She stood up and walks away.

"H–hey!" Taeh calls worriedly, following the girl. Jennie's sight became blurry with her vision turning black as she suddenly lost her consciousness.

——————————
——————————

Belated Happy Birthday our Jendeukie!

I'm sorry there was a slight error. Hehe