Results (Chapter 14)

They were all waiting for someone to come in and tell them that it was over, Mk was fine, he had survived. But no one ever went into the room to tell them the good news. Everyone was tense; every person was thinking the worst thing possible right now but still hoped desperately that everything would be alright eventually.

Redson was losing himself in his thoughts, thinking back to when he spent the night in Mk's nursery room. That night he had made him promise to keep going after his death. He didn't know why, he wanted to hit the stupid noodle boy's head and convince him that he would be alright.

Pigsy and Tang sat on the couch, hugging each other closely. But Tang knew that if Mk would die he would never forgive himself. And he wasn't sure he could forgive himself either. After all this time they had grown closer together and he noticed the signs, but he still didn't speak up about it. Pigsy whispered, "I'm sorry Tang, I know we have already been through this...but I..." Pigsy could feel tears threaten him. For the first time he was about to cry, he couldn't help feeling scared. "It doesn't matter right now, what does is Mk will survive" Tang replied, "He'll probably live," he added on, That caught Redson's attention as he turn to listen to them. "If they do the same thing they did with Macaque then he should have no problem living through this. Mk is strong, he can fight this virus. But we need to have hope in this." Everyone was now listening to him. Those words gave everyone more hope.

After that, the crew started to talk to each other. Sandy noticed that Wukong and Macaque weren't in here with them, he quickly snuck out of the living room and went to go find the monkeys that were hiding somewhere in the mansion.

He looked everywhere, trying to see if they were there somewhere. As he turned the corner, he spotted the front door, he opened the door and saw a familiar monkey sitting outside the house, alone. He ran towards him, "Monkey King" The monkey jumped and turned around startled by the sound of a voice. "Sandy?" Wukong looked back and saw Sandy running towards him. He slowed down once he came close enough. "What's Mk's condition now? Where is Mr. Macaque?" Wukong looked away from Sandy, "I'm sure about Mk's situation right now, but all I know is that the cure did lots of damage to the curse but not enough to get rid of it completely. As and for Macaque, he's asleep."

Sandy looked questioningly at him, "Asleep? At this time of day?" It was late in the afternoon, really late. "We ran into some trouble with a demon on the way back, he was exhausted so he just fell asleep." Their talk was interrupted by DBK, "There you two are...come quick we're about to get Mk's results." They both looked at each other with a concerned look then got up to follow DBK back into the living room.

As they entered the room, Wukong saw Macaque sitting down on the couch, he went over to him and sat down. "What happening?" He whispered. All eyes Princess Iron Fan and her husband as he went to go join PIF as she talked to the bull clone, no one could understand them except for DBK and her. The room was was quiet, staring intently.

When the bull clone shook his head, everyone's heart dropped. It was too late... Redson didn't want to believe it, he waited for the clone to start laughing like the stupid machine it was and tell his mother that it was just joking. But it didn't happen. Mk was gone...He was not fine...He was dead. Once Redson noticed that the bull clone was leaving he stood and quickly grabbed the clone by its head and started to yell, "WHAT!? HOW! TELL ME RIGHT NOW!" His mother placed a hand on his shoulder, he turned his head looking at his mother with tears in his eyes. "He died from blood loss, the liquid inside him pushed out too much of his blood. We don't know his blood type so he couldn't be saved." She said.

Out of anger Redson threw the bull clone and hit it with a fireball. It didn't matter much since they had hundreds more. After the clone was destroyed Redson started speed walking to the nursery, "Redson wait!" Mei called out to him and quickly followed him.

Redson wasn't the only one who was crying, Tang eventually broke down and started to cry in Pigsy's arms, he tried to hold back his tears but soon started to cry too.

Macaque and Wulong looked at each other and pressed their foreheads together, "How could I be so stupid..." The king whispered, "Blood loss, why didn't that ring a bell..." Macaque wrapped his arms around Wukong's waist as he started to tremble, "I even tried pushing the day back...I'm so stupid!..."  Wukong put his arms around Macaque, and they both hugged. Their tails wrapped around each other.

Wukong eventually pulled away, "I have to go see him..." He whispered, Macaque let him go and was then met with a finger pointing at him, "YOU." Pigsy snarled, "You brought the curse here! This wouldn't have happened if you didn't decide to pick a fight with that demon! " Tang held him back trying to make him stop.

Sandy then stepped between the two, "ENOUGH!" He shouted causing the room to shake, which caught DBK and PIF off guard. "This isn't helping! Without Mk, we're already falling apart, when need to stick together for him." He said calmly, but his voice was shaking and tears were forming in his eyes. Pigsy calmed down, he stopped trying to attack Macaque and stopped pulling away from Tang.

*

A blanket covered the dead boy's body, Reason hugged Mk's body while Mei stood crying by him. Wukong entered the room slowly, the sight was heart-wrenching. He went in and sat by Redson...

"Y'know I made a promise to him...that no matter what I'll keep moving forward...And I will...but I also wanted to move forward with him." His voice was trembling like he was on the verge of breaking down. "When was this?..." Wukong asked, Redson lifted "One night I came in to check on him... He was awake and we talked and..." His face heated up at the memory, "I spent the night in here with him..."

The King looked down at the covered body, 'You made him promise by why?...' He thought, 'You would have tried to comfort him but you made him...' He was confused until the realization hit him, "He knew.." He whispered out loud, he quickly got up. And looked down at Mk, 'He knew he wasn't going to make it...that's why he made Redson promise, ' He exited the room leaving the trio.

It was time to confess now.

______________

First of all, y'all are so sweet. It almost made me NOT kill off Mk.... Almost.