boat ride.

605 words

warnings: phobia of water???, implication of smut

~

"shhh, shhh, you'll be fine."

finn was on a vacation trip with his family for the summer and also invited his girlfriend y/n.

they met on set of stranger things 3. she played a character who later on died in season 4, and she and finn knew each and became close ever since.

the 2 never had that many interviews or scenes together, but when they were together, they seemed so happy compared to all the other interviews. they're usually quiet, but when they're paired together, pure chaos occurs. meme worthy.

the duffer brothers noticed their chemistry on set, so they decided to give her more scenes with him in season 4.

they got together around 2020 august and didn't confirm the relationship until 2020 december.

now, y/n's going on vacation with him... and his family.

the girl sat on the bed, whining to her boyfriend how she doesn't want to go out.

"finn, you know i hate boat rides." y/n complained.

"it'll be fun!" he tried to convince her.

"the water scares me." she pouted.

"babe, don't worry, we're gonna be with you." finn reassured her, sitting beside her on the bed. "i'll be with you. i promise." he put his hand over hers.

"kiss me first."

finn rolled his eyes, leaning in for a quick kiss on her lips.

"hurry up and get ready." he reminded, standing up and giving another short kiss on her cheek before walking to the front door of the room to put on his shoes.

~

y/n, finn, and his family were on the boat, nick and his mom looking around together, his dad taking pictures, while finn leaned over the boat handrail, y/n holding tightly onto his arm while heavily breathing and looking down at the water.

"don't be so nervous, y/n. i'm right here." he said.

she replied with a sigh, trying her best to loosen up but still held onto his arm.

they soon heard a loud wave from the boat being so fast, making y/n squeal and immediately turn her head around, shutting her eyes.

finn noticed her reaction, wrapping his arm around her shoulder and letting her head rest on his shoulder.

"shhh, shhh, you'll be fine." finn mumbled to her to calm her down. "it's just water, yeah?"

"scary water." she muttered.

he sighed, looking around and wondering how to get her to have some fun at least.

he got an idea as he saw the city from afar, but not too far from them as the boat drove around.

"look at the city." he said, making her look up at the beautiful sight with buildings lit up, cars driving by, and a big lit up ferris wheel that anyone could easily see.

"wow." she chuckled as she looked at it.

"pretty, right?"

y/n giggled. "yeah, pretty." she responded, keeping her eyes glued onto the view.

"did you know that the loudest sound ever recorded was in an iceberg and was named 'the bloop?'" finn whispered to her.

she immediately turned her head to him with her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "bloop?"

"yeah. bloop. the bloop."

"imagine being such a powerful, intimidating sea creature and then humans call you the bloop." she said, giggling.

finn laughed along. "yeah."

"thanks, finn. i feel so much better right now." she looked up at him with soft eyes.

"you're welcome, darling."

y/n playfully rolled her eyes.

finn leaned closer to her ear, whispering something that immediately gave her goosebumps.

"now, you pay me back when we get home."