i support you.

aged up to 16/17

~

"will, please can you come to our game? this tournament is really big for us!" mike begged his best friend.

"mike, i really want to but me and max already promised el we'd see her play." will continued to decline.

mike scoffed. "b-but-"

"mike, she's your friend too. you should be going as well, but you can't because you have this big game so if you're not there, i'll at least be. she's my sister, i'm not gonna make her sad just to see your stupid tournament. wouldn't you want nancy to be at your games?"

"she doesn't really have a choice, she works for the school paper."

"what if she didn't? what if she had a different job? wouldn't you wanna see her support you?"

mike went silent, realizing will was right.

"i'm sorry, mike. m-maybe get someone else to watch you guys. m-maybe y/n could see your game. but, even if i like it or not, i'm gonna go see el's play. she worked hard on that and i just wanna be there for her. i'm sorry."

mike sighed. "she's also busy."

will gasped. "oh, right, she has a family gathering tonight."

"y'know what, whatever." mike sighed and walked away, heading to his class.

~

30 minutes into the class and mike was taking notes really well. his grades have been pretty well this year.

he looked up at the board then quickly glanced around the classroom, his eyes landing on y/n who was right beside him.

she was really beautiful. the windows were open and the sun was bright, making the sunlight shine perfectly on her face. she looked so pretty as she was so concentrated on taking notes.

she soon tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, revealing her ear, cheek, and jawline.

mike took a deep breath, facing the opposite side with his cheeks blushing crazy and his heart beating so fast.

he put his hand over his heart to feel it, looking down at where he had his hand, hoping to calm down.

"mike?" he heard y/n whisper to him, making him look back up at her.

her face was now on full display for him, the rushing heartbeat coming back to him.

"are you ok?"

"o-oh, y-yeah." he chuckled. "i'm fine."

"you sure? i can accompany you to the clinic or something."

"n-no, i said i'm fine, really." mike nervously chuckled again.

"okay... if you're feeling bad, just tell the teacher if you can excuse yourself, alright? it's not good to leave a sick feeling alone, you might have a disease."

"thanks, but i'm really fine right now."

y/n giggled. "i know, i believe you, love. just reminding." she said and went back to listening to the teacher.

" did she just call me love? " mike thought in his mind, his cheeks reddening even more and his heartbeat going even faster. she always called everyone random pet names, but it still flustered him.

" fuck. "

~

it was the day of the guys' game and they were all getting ready in the locker room.