science lab.

i've been watching a lot of chemistry and nilered lately idk if u know him and thought of this :))

~

trevor just finished his shift at work today, so he decided to visit his girlfriend y/n at the lab.

he and y/n were different types of people. trevor was more of a street type of person, while y/n liked math, science, and academics. what they had in common though was that they both didn't mind getting dirty. trevor is always smudged while fixing cars, while y/n is always in the lab, and... you know what happens there.

"y/n?" trevor called out for her name as he entered her lab in the building.

she turned around for trevor to see her face which happened to be covered in what trevor thought was smoke.

her eyes landed on him, a bright smile immediately planting on her face. she seemed incredibly calm that she was doing chemical reactions and explosions in the lab, but to trevor, it's not all that surprising.

"trevor! hi!" she happily said, running up to him to give him a hug.

"hey, darling. what, uh... what have you been doing all day?" he nervously asked.

"oh, you know, this and that." she quickly pulled away to go back to her table. "you should see what i made this morning!"

"what'd you make?" he said, walking beside her.

"oh, um, you might wanna wear a coat, mask, and goggles." she reminded.

trevor sighed. "right, sorry, i forgot."

after he put on what y/n asked, he walked back beside her and got ready to listen to what crazy things she discovered throughout the day.

"ok, so, do you know what this is?" she asked, holding up a thick bottle filled with probably a chemical.

"some... dangerous chemical?"

"mmmm, half right. it's called 4-nitroaniline. do you know what it's used for?"

"....science?"

"dyes."

"dyes? like, hair dyes?"

"sure." y/n nodded. "but, in the end i really just wanted to burn it, and you have to see what it does."

"of course you did."

y/n poured some of the chemical in a tiny tray thing carefully carrying it to a retort stand that held a beaker, and dumped it inside.

she then squeeze out some sulfuric acid from a little tube and carried it back to the counter right after.

then, she heated up a tube underneath the beaker with a bunsen burner and stepped back.

"now, we just have to wait." she said excitedly.

after a few moments, the chemicals started turning black and bubbling. they eventually made a big reaction, a big long snake-like shape that was as thick as the beaker, of a texture that looked like black coal.

"holy shit." trevor chuckled.

y/n adorably clapped as she saw the reaction again. "it's so cool, isn't it!?"

"yeah, it's awesome." he laughed.

"i love my job." y/n held her heart.

"did you just spend your time in the lab doing this or were you doing anything else?"

"ooh! interesting thing that happened today. i was planning to do an experiment that if poppy seeds can actually make you fail a drug test. so, i asked one of my coworkers for his pee, and the first time i checked it..." she chuckled. "it was already positive."

trevor snorted. "did it say what drugs?"

"no, so i went to the police and apparently, it was cocaine and my coworker had to get fired immediately."

"oh." trevor awkwardly nodded.

"but i did finish my experiment and apparently poppy seeds can make you fail a drug test."

"well, then remind me not to eat poppy seeds if i'm ever wanted by the government."

"it's your job not to be wanted by the government."

"am i doing a good job?"

y/n smiled. "yes, you are, baby." she kissed him on the cheek.

sources <3

pee <3