pov: what if they were toxic?

no hate. this is just a pov, simply a 'what if.' i do not believe finn is toxic, nor do i think his characters are. if you can't deal with it, leave.

~

finn
- doesn't often answer your texts or calls because he feels like it's 'too much effort.' he thinks that you two don't have to check in with each other if you 'trust' each other.
- thinks of his career more than you.
- he's probably the one that breaks up with you.
- "we're too different, i'm sorry. you're too clingy and i'm too busy."

mike
- i love mike, but i'll be honest, he's already kinda toxic...
- he's an anxious, paranoid teenager, so a lot of things get to his head often.
- he never has time for you and his excuse is that he's too close with his friends, but he neither opens up that much with his friends and when they complain, he uses you as an excuse.
- sometimes, he wishes he'd be with el instead of you.
- he breaks up with you because of it.
- "i'm sorry, i'd so much rather be with her than you. if i'll be honest, we were in a relationship because of... nothing."

miles
- again, i'll be honest, also a little toxic.
- way too overprotective. at first, it was sexy, but the deeper you two went into the relationship, it got worse. he'd beat up guys who'd even just take a slight glance at you and didn't even mean to.
- plus, he's mean to kate for nothing and doesn't like taking responsibility for his mistakes and bad actions.
- you had to break up with him. you were the first person he has ever loved so much, so it broke his heart a lot, but for your sake, you decided to end things for good. it was too much for you.

boris
- he drank and smoked way too much.
- you understood that it's how he copes with his trauma, but it got too much for you to handle. you're always the one who has to take care of him, even when you're busy.
- he doesn't think about your well-being and life too much. sometimes, he makes up stupid excuses for drinking and smoking a lot.
- "well, i'm going through a tougher time than you, so i'm more important than you."
- you had to end things yourself. he made you feel worthless while trying to excuse it through his bad experiences. you told him to just move out of his dad's house and go to theo and instead of drinking, get a therapist.

tyler
- you found out he has had interest in more than one girl while you guys were in a relationship.
- you guys never get to connect emotionally and only physically, such as going on dates and laughing about the moment, not actually able to get to know each other.
- plus, he partly only dated you because he felt lonely and you said you had feelings for him, so he just lied and said the same. he never really loved you in the first place.
- one time you said "i love you", he said,
- "we're in love? since when?"
- you had to end it first.

trevor
- always out with his friends, never has time for you
- you guys have too much misunderstandings and argue too much.
- you have broken up temporarily before because of those arguments, but one day, it just hit you like a lightning-bolt and realized that this relationship isn't healthy.
- so ofc, you broke up with him. for good.

please remember to take care of yourself before anyone else. in this world, your top priority should be yourself. in a relationship, it's not your job to fix that person, whether they're broken or whatever. you're their partner, not therapist. also, in a relationship, if it's not technically consistently bad but not exactly healthy, per se, like it really puts you on rollarcoasters, like if you had a 2nd option, you wouldn't exactly discard hesitation to leave your partner for them. if there's things like that in a relationship, there's nothing wrong with breaking up because it's for the sake of you. relationships aren't just about who your with, it's like you're both ceos to a company you run together and you have to keep everything together. compromise, improvise, and stick together no matter what. always watch out for red flags. ily, take care of yourself <3