the road trip.

based on the b99 episode "the road trip" season 2 episode 9

1461 wc

aged up to 25

note: when i mention sophia, i don't mean sophia lillis. sophia perez is the name of jake peralta's ex-girlfriend in b99

~

"c'mon, claire! i thought you came to play!" y/n yelled at the old lady she was playing ping pong with who didn't even bother to hit the ball back to her.

y/n harshly threw the paddle on the table, the old lady walking away and finn and his girlfriend sophia happened to be walking to the table right behind her.

"yikes. where's teddy?" finn asked about her boyfriend that she was just planning to break up with.

"he's in the shower." y/n replied, walking closer in front of the couple. "i said hi to him, we chatted for like, a minute and i almost blew it."

"oh, i'm sure you're overstating that." sophia said.

"he said he was really looking forward to a romantic evening and i panicked and yelled 'l-o-l.'" y/n added.

finn let out a small chuckle and sophia disappointedly said, "oh."

"oh." finn played along, realizing he also has to be worried.

"i'm gonna be weird, he's gonna ask why, we're gonna break up, and it's gonna be super messy." y/n predicted with a shaking voice out of nervousness and anxiety.

"just calm down. we're gonna get you through this, okay?" finn reassured. "here's the plan, the four of us will dine together and keep things super unromantic, i'm great at that."

"yeah, he is." sophia agreed in a somehow proud tone.

"whoo!" finn cheered and high-fived his girlfriend. "wait, should we have high-fived that?" finn immediately furrowed his eyebrows, turning his head to sophia.

"i don't know." she answered.

"it doesn't matter." finn turned his head back to y/n.

"oh, also, if you feel like you're losing control, just say the word 'jericho' and i'll pull out all the stops."

"oh, jericho. safe word. i love that!" finn said proudly.

"right?" his girlfriend agreed.

"alright, so after dinner, pretend you're sick, and say you wanna go straight to bed. me and you have to pick up the perp super early in the morning, so you only have to act normal around teddy from the elevator to the room." finn explained. "do you think you can do that?"

"yes?" y/n answered unsurely.

"yes. say 'yes, i can do it, i can be normal.'" finn encouraged.

"yes. i can do it." y/n calmed down, a small smile forming on her face. "i can be normal."

"there you go." finn felt proud of his best friend.

"i can totally be normal." y/n continued convincing herself.

"hey, everybody." they heard teddy, walking to their group with a smile on his face.

"there he is! teddy in the houuse!" y/n felt anxious again all inside, being completely not normal again.

"who knew a prisoner transfer could be like a mini-vacation, huh?" teddy chuckled. "hey, man, thanks a lot for telling me to come up here." he pointed at finn, the one who invited teddy on the trip.

"yep. that was great of me." finn said, trying to add expression into his words but obviously failed. in his mind, all he could say there is 'why does everything have to be to complicated?'