a work of art.

aged up to 16/17
572 words

~

love makes people crazy and i happen to be one of those people...

i was at the koi pond with my canvas, easel, paint, and paint brushes, painting the pretty sight of the pond with all the bushes and tree's around there too.

there was a little bit of paint on my face and apron, but it didn't bother me as much since what i cared about was finishing the painting.

flora and kate were still having lessons inside the house while miles was supposed to be home about 40 minutes ago but he didn't show up right away... i just hope he's okay... gosh, please don't tell me he beat up some poor boy, he already got expelled for that last time.

my worry of him made me pause myself from painting for a bit, suddenly losing motivation to continue... geez, i hate when that happens.

alright, so, you fall in love, get a boyfriend and suddenly, he's all you ever care, worry, and think about. love makes people crazy and i happen to be one of those people... i kind of hope miles is too.

i sighed, putting my paint palette down and my paint brush in the glass of water i brought for the paint.

i walked just a little farther from the easel, sitting down in front of the pond. the wind was kinda strong today, but not too strong that i always had to push it out of my face every 2 seconds but it was still so refreshing. it was cold, but too cold to the point that i would shiver. it was almost perfect.

it was so calm and peaceful until i heard steps of someone walking on the path leading to the same area as me... i looked up and saw the person i've been wanting and waiting to see.

"miles!" i exclaimed happily, smiling widely and immediately running to him and gave a huge hug and he lifted my feet a little off the ground, hearing his soft giggles from my reaction to him being back and it just made smile so much and i could just imagine his stupid adorable smile too.

"i'm getting the feeling that you missed me, baby." he said, getting out of the hug but he still kept his hands on my waist while my arms were wrapped around his shoulders.

i chuckled. "indeed i did. i do every second you're not around."

"so do i." the boy started to softly run his hands through my hair and i could just feel my cheeks redden up every second i was staring at his face.

he looked around, noticing the canvas, easel, and paint supplies near the pond and probably figured i was painting.

"painting again?" he asked, seeming interested.

i looked behind at the easel and quickly hummed a "mhm."

"it's nice that you have a hobby like that."

i giggled, turning my head back to him. "thank you."

"i better say hi to flora before she misses me too much as well." miles joked, a little bit of seriousness in his tone though as he completely let go of me.

"i'll come with you?" i asked before he could wall away.

he turned around, kissing me on the cheek which gave me shivers down my spine and he just took my hand and made me head inside the house with him.