peice 5

Texas sighed as he woke up, walking over to his door and locking it before he took of his hoodie than put on his binder and button up. He looked at the time and saw his alarm hadn't even gone off yet.. well shit. First up makes breakfast, right? He walked out and made his way to the kitchen, grabbing a cup of water before looking in the fridge. He pulled out eggs calmly and realized they had like, one of those giant however many is in one of those carton things and he figured he'd just make omelets. So, he grabbed some green onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, red onion, tomato, bacon,  and a crap ton of seasonings before he started a pan on the stove to fry up bacon while he cut the veggies and fruits. Texas grabbed his phone out and turned on some quiet country music to listen to, putting it on his mix of country and folk.
      As he cooked he didn't really pay much attention to what songs were playing since he had it on mostly for background, tho occasionally he hummed along. By the time the bacon he wanted to use was cooked, he had cut up all the veggies and now was frying the sliced mushrooms in excess bacon grease.
    He continued on after to make the omelets as they usually would. Once finished he stacked them on plates, pulling one from the bottom out to eat himself before thinking about it and frying up some chopped potatoes with onion and garlic.. why not? Easy side to an omlet. Once he was finished with that he slid some onto his plate and went over to the couch, taking off his hat and muttering a short prayer before he ate. Texas rathered to let austin eat if he cooked as all texas himself did was complain about it to himself, and even if he continues to in his head, Austin just sorta ate and didn't complain. At the same time Austin just liked to have Texan food so it made more sense.
    Someone sat next to texas and his hat was quickly back on, he looked right at the person to see a tired, and only slightly hung over, Florida. "Hey there's food made in the kitchen," Texas said calmly, not bothering to want to talk alot with Florida at the given moment.
    Florida leaned on texas arm with a groan, "why didn't you tell me about your pronouns Texas; I would've used them or at least tried," florida stated, getting to the point quicker than texas expected him to about most things. Texas sat there silently and Florida sighed, crossing his arms tho now with a smile, less grumble, "I won't stay as hung up on it like I am hung over on my white claws, but if you ever wanna talk or get something off your chest you can talk to me... jokes aside of course, I can be serious about some stuff." Oh dear lord did texas want some shit physically off his chest.
     "Alright and.. I'm sorry just with my state it isnt.. expected," texas decided his wording slowly, looking at the other state that sat next to him. Despite Florida annoying him a lot they were good friends, and honestly if given the choice, even if awkward to admit it, texas would trust Florida with his life.. unless he was gator handling, [new york word] that. "I am sorry I didn't tell ya, part of it was just myself coming to terms with it too tho." Pfft, coming to terms, I mean God damn, texas just wanted to be as normal as he could be but he is royally screwing that up more and more, day by day. As far as the states new they just thought he was an Amab demiboy.. he wanted to keep things like that tho.
       Florida smiled some, giving texas a quick side hug, "no probs, now I'm gonna get some of that food because it smells amazing, like, better than gator on a Thursday morning." And there it was. Texas didn't even ask as he just continued finishing his plate of food.
      Texas went back in, setting his plate in the sink before grabbing a cup of water and walking back out to the couch to the corner, going on his phone as he usually does. He stayed there calmly watching people walk in tho he was focusing on trying to look at his state's news. No new gun fire, good, not many arrests, hate crime is seaming like it should be lower than last year regarding lgbtq and.. damn it, abortion protesting.
    Texas could just imagine all the paperwork he had stacked up now. He stood up and made his way to his room calmly, not knowing yet if there would be a meeting. Usually if there was a lot fallow up to a day they would take a break day or two. And, for the record, texas got his wish for a break day pretty quickly.. awesome.
   In texas room it was messier than usual. Often he was either super organized or their room could even appear minimalistic due to just how much space he kept but right now things were all over. Mostly, various papers he'd been reading up on having to do with Bills, Laws and court cases that would be soon to come.
   Soon he heard a knock on his door and the door cracked open but texas shut it quickly, "who is it." He said it not as a question but as a statement. Truthfully he didn't want anyone inside his room at the moment, he didn't like how chaotic it was. It gave off Florida vibes which are not good.
   "It's new york and and if you don't... or, maybe you could open the door." Texas squinted, blinking.
    "Who told you not to curse at me.. it's texas by the way, in case that was somehow confusion cuz I mean," he slowly split the door open but just barely, decided to skip his large talk since he had work. "Nevermind, just,  what do you need?" Texas was covering the Crack in his door with his body in hopes new york wouldn't see the wreck.
      "Well, Mass wants you to come out tonight with us to the.. bowling alley. And for your information, it was California who said if I cussed ya out you wouldn't open da door." New York stated, watching texas calmly.
    "Who all and how long?" Texas asked, getting to the point quick, not in a rude tone or anything, he just had an understanding that you shouldn't waste a new Yorkers time.
   "15 if your included, Me, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Virginia, Mass, Connecticut, Alaska, Georgia, Tennessee, Louisiana, florida, Oregon, Idaho and California. We'd be there for a couple hours, probably till around 11:30 or 12." New York had to hold back laughing when he could tell texas was gonna say no after Tennessee the perked up at California. It was amusing.
      "When are we leavin?" He asked calmly, a way of confirming he'd go, just needed a time.
     " 'Bout 7:30 cuz we're grabbing food first."
     Texas looked back at all the papers, mentally kicking himself before he gave a nod, "who all drivin? If needed I can drive truck." He said calmly, to which New York nodded.
    "You take truck, I take van, Louisiana or Florida bring their car for them," new york stated, gaining a small chuckle from texas.
    "Good, just message distribution before we leave." New York gave a thumbs up and texas grinned, "also, next time curse me out all ya want; I'm not gonna cry."
    "Tell your boyfriend!.. not in offensive way or something," new york yelled back, texas blushing as he shut the door. He figured he meant california.. California probably just thought Austin might be around, I mean, cali cares about him alot.
    Texas turned around and sighed and all the spewed paperwork and articles. He grabbed a board and pinned the articles to it before starting to just organize and file the actual paper work.
    When he was done it was about noon and he sighed. He took off his binder and grabbed a clean one, discarding the one he'd been wearing for days over to a dirty clothes pile before he also grabbed some black slacks and a white button up, having a knit sweater that was a softer red toned color.
   He set all the clothing on a chair near the door as he slipped on his hoodie to go refill his water before going to take a shower. He had to have a break from his binder for a while since they would be out late anyhow. As he walked in the kitchen he was happy to see there was only one of the omelets left, considering he made 10 extra. He only made so many extra due to the large amount of people in the house, but then again it wasn't to difficult to heat omelets up awhile after initially making them.
     He really was just grabbing water when he saw Georgia, Louisiana and Florida go in the table room, all making bets on bowling. Really he didn't see why, but he supposed they did what they could with what they had. Jack listened calmly, wondering what they were betting around. Scores, drinks and.. they were betting on who would get a date. Texas shook his head as he walked away, going toward his room when he ran into Alaska, who looked at texas with a smile
     "Hey little buddy, how's it holding up?" He questioned the other while he looked at them.
     Texas gave a shrug while offering a small smile back, "not as bad as I figured it would be," texas said this honestly, leaning on the wall as he talked with Alaska, "ready for bowlin?" Texas asked looking at the larger state.
    Alaska shrugged, watching texas calmly, "I figure it'll be fun, we definitely don't have as many allys in alaska tho." He spoke calmly, which got a nod from texas,  "I have second most compared to cali," texas said,  seeing alaska smirk slowly.
     "Speaking of 'cali', rumor has it you two, " alaska was cut off by texas quickly.
     "Who's rumors? I'll shoot em." Alaska just laughed as texas dropped his arms dramatically,  "Fine,  don't tell me." He said annoyed, Alaska shaking his head.  At this rate the two were slowly growing to have sibling dinamic as friends,  set aside from their rivalries regarding being large states.
       "I'm just kidding you,  little buddy. Now go do what you need,  I'm headed to the garage." With this they exchanged a nod and parted ways.
          As texas got to his room,  he grabbed his clothes and went to the bathroom, going ahead and taking a shower. It always took awhile for him to shower as even tho he had his own bathroom, he didn't shower with lights on. This was mostly due to dysphoria and frankly, even tho he'd take his hat off, obviously, Austin would ditch texas since Austin doesn't like the discomfort, which honestly texas couldn't blame. This did mean to that texas had to shower more often despite dysphoria and overall he was just not a fan.
      When he said they were in the shower a long time,  he meant a long time, as in he didn't get out for 2 hours, minus the hour of just kinda sitting in the bathroom in his phone so he had a reason to go in the shower. After he did get out tho,  boxers and binder were always the first thing on,  then shirt,  slacks, sweater, hat.
     Once done he would style his hair even tho it day under his hat as he liked the brunette color too show some after he put his hat on.
     Finally when he was completely finished,  he put on his boots and walked out calmly, noting it was now 5:45 as he got to the living room,  going to his corner spot and sitting down.  He saw the living room good pretty quick as he started where he sat far back on his phone.
   NY  -: ay so @ FL you get Louisiana, Georgia and Tennessee. @ TX you get California, Alaska and if you're nice oregon and Idaho so they don't ride with your Gator buddies, and I'll take Jersey, Virginia, Massachusetts, connecticut and Pennsylvania.

  TX -: gotcha, @ OR and @ ID you're lucky I'm nice.

FL -: aww you guys are so nice, now we got room for dates

TX -: Saying this as your friend Florida, you're getting no [new york word plural]

  CA -: Woah, you just got roasted more than me during the summer

   AK -: my winter's ice can't even sooth that one

    FL -: wanna bet?

   TX -: I'll pass

   FL -: why?

   TX -: you don't pay up and I already know you made a bet with Loui saying he'd get you a date.

    NY -: funny as this is stop blowing up are phones.

    FL -: @ LA we should spam

     TX -: you spam you die.

     LA -: oh you're so threatening.

-@ TX banned @ LA and @ FL from the group-

   Texas chuckled as he heard Florida yell from down the hall,  California walking over and sitting next to texas, laughing about the chat a bit. 
     "Nice move!  You get moderator controls more often!" New york yelled from the kitchen,  Alaska walking out of his room on que, checking the chat then giving a bland laugh and a thumbs up to texas.
     Texas shook his head, "so simple yet so impactful." He turned and looked at California, immediately looking back forward as he hoped he wasn't noticed. He feared if he didn't look away he might stare. Blush had already raised to his ears and texas grabbed his cup of water,  taking a large drink.
      "It's funny how mad they get to about such a simple little thing," California smiled. He was wearing a tan and dark gray color block style hoodie along with just some matching tan sweat pants along with what looked like eye liner? Damn it why did California have to be pretty.
    "The two are really just to scarred to spam new york personally so they're upset we took away they're loop whole," texas said jokefully, looking back at California out of respect, only to Blush a darker shade. "Your outfit is pretty- or God you look nice I mean.. I'm sorry, um,  You have a nice outfit?" Texas tried to save himself but California was already laughing about what texas had to say about Louisiana and Florida.  Texas stumbling around their words tho? Priceless.
   Texas groaned in embarrassment,  raising a hand to his face as California slowly calmed his laughing, "it's ok, it ok, I'm sorry for finding you humoring," cali smiled,  trying to fully stop laughing, "you also look quite dashing, texas."
   Texas looked down more, fully covering his space, "how do you just speak?" Texas muttered, slowly feeling his face cool down.
    California continued trying to hold back his laughter,  watching their embarrassment while being rather amused, "well, usually with my vocals," cali said as casual as he could, still staring at the larger state. California enjoyed this quite a lot but he felt a hand on his shoulder.
   "Ay, don't go to hard on him, he ain't used to that much," new york laughed, hearing California laugh as well.
    "Ok but I mean, it's so easy, how could I not?" Cali joked softly, leaning back with a smile.
   Texas slowly looked after he'd calmed his coloration, swallowing down the lump of embarrassment hinged in his throat, "I despise both of you," texas muttered, picking up his water and drinking it slowly.
    New York walked away laughing, while cali gave a hum, setting a arm over texas shoulders, "oh but I'm pretty," California said, smirking as he teased the other state calmly.
    Texas looked left away from cali, starting to bounce his leg, "you're still despisable."
    "So you don't deny im pretty?" Cali smirked, leaning toward texas to tease all the more.
     Texas blushed again, looking down, "well... I can't take back my own words exactly but um.." texas eyes darted as he tried to think, but he felt cali pull him over gently.
    "I'm only messing with ya Tex, it's ok," cali laughed some more, seeing texas blushing face look down, "I'm only playing, really." Cali looked at the time and saw it was 6:10. "One hour till we leave, you ready?"
    Texas was thankful for the subject change as he calmed down again, "yeah, I haven't actually bowled in awhile tho," texas said with a shrug, getting a nod from California.
    "Well, at least we're getting food first so can't really go wrong there."
    "..really?"
    "What?"
     "Don't jinx it."