piece 9

Tw: current events. Mention of assault. Mention of hate crime. A lot of topics, skip parts when they get heavy if you can't handle it, it's ok <3
   Texas groaned as he rolled over uncomfortably, feeling something hit his chest as he did. He tried to open his eyes but the light hitting them was to much, making him push his face back into the soft cushion. He felt the pounding of a hangover at his eyes only to hear a loud bell chime, it chimed twice... meeting in 2 hours.
     He slowly opened his eyes this time, seeing cali wrapped around him.. wait hold on, recap, excuse him? He blinked, seeing his hat was on the coffee table and him and cali had slept on the couch. On his hat there was a note so he reached over slowly and grabbed it.

Neither of you woke up so I kinda just brought you both in so you weren't sleeping in the truck bed. Be thankful I didn't throw you two on the floor because that's what a certain someone recomended.
-alaska<3

     Texas gave a small hum after reading it than looked at cali who was laying on top of him. Tex decided he could just stare at the ceiling for now.. yeah that sounded fine. He moved a little, only to wince when his side was pushed against. His whole torso felt sore.. oh, right, crazy dude with a knife and a car jack. He looked down at California, not wanting to think about the dude tho it continued to flood his mind.. the slurs shouted... did theu all know.. oh God if they knew they would hate him. The south, North, all of them. No, no god that couldn't know, right?
    "Hey Texas, morning," alaska spoke with a tinge in his voice that told him he was hung over too. The larger state held out coffee and ibuprofen which texas, though carefully, gladly snatched and took.
    Texas took the pills and took a drink of coffee,  wincing when the hot Ludwig touched what tex's imagined was his bruised lip. "Thanks for bringing us on but ya shoulda just woke me up.." texas wanted to say more but he noticed he wasn't talking very loud.  He pulled out his phone and went to the camera to look at his face.  Honestly,  not a bad as he thought it'd be.
      "I wiped off the blood and you slept with your face on an ice pack. " Alaska stated,  pointing to a gel cool pad that was on the floor now.  To this texas muttered a thanks,  going to drink more coffee.  "So,  little buddy, after what happened last night are you ok? " He asked,  remembering how shaky texas had been,  which honestly disturbed Alaska a bit.
     Texas thought about the question he was asked for a minute,  "I'm still remembering all of it to be honest.. I remember how it started and how it ended dealing with the dude but the middle is still haze, and honestly I prefer it that way right now." Texas drank more coffee,  trying to lean up,  only for cali to mumble something at him. He looked back at Alaska who was slightly smirking.
    "Well,  so long as you're ok... how's having cali? " He questioned,  sitting back against the counter,  seeing texas role his eyes
    "Goldy. How's having maine?" Texas asked calmly,  seeing the state go awkward in front of him, "alright is that a good or bad awkward?"
    "Well.." Alaska sighed softly,  drinking his own coffee,  "good,  but I wish it lasted longer, ya know?" To this texas snickered a little, seeing alaska glare.
     "You two will have fun again,  I promise... on a different note,  how do you wake up a golden state?" Alaska chuckled,  shaking his head.
     "You wake him up. I'm gonna make some food, I'll make you both some as well. " With that Alaska left the southerner, who still had the blue state on him.
    Texas looked at California,  thinking before he slowly lifted cali up some, attempting to slip out from under him.  This lead to pain in texas torso and cali latching onto him.  They looked at cali still,  now trying to just talk at him,  "cali.. California. Red state,  bear state, state of gold, poppy flower, pretty boy, ignor that, Cliff," texas stated to just name of random things until California groaned.
     "Shut up.. I can't hear you.." texas scoffed at the sleeping state who ignored him.
     "I'm about to throw a gender reveal party." To this california opened his eyes and looked forward toward texas,  "morning.. now if you will notice you are covering me like a blanket.."
    California was confused a second as he was just waking up.  He slowly looked around before looking back at texas and realizing he slept on the other,  "shit,  how long have you been up? " Cali asked,  pushing himself up before maneuvering off texas;  who winced when anything touched his torso.
    Texas yawned,  looking at the time as he leaned up with pain in his waist and sides and really all over,  "maybe 30 minutes.. Alaska brought me coffee," he spoke quieter than usual.  Than again,  he was still tired and they usually just yelled at each other in meetings. Or in bets.
    Cali nodded, raising a brow when he saw texas wincing when he did anything,  "are you ok? I think you have time for a shower before the meeting if your muscles hurt that bad," how was California a morning person? He wasn't even worried about coffee. Texas is still tired after being up an hour and yet cali is up and ready to go after barely 5 minutes. The hell.
     Texas shook his head; yawning again, "I'm fine, just tired. Oh uh .. our bet... Florida's add on..?" Tex watched the click in cali's mind as he jumped up excitedly pulling his glasses off the table.
    "Yes, I remember that now, come on," he grabbed texas arm and dragged him quickly up the stairs, texas stumbling the whole time tiredly.all the north state's rooms were upstairs while southern states had the downstairs, excluding Alaska's room which was connected to the living room saying as he has the garage. Texas didnt really go upstairs much, but he was sure as  already lost through the noise the north eastern states. Cali got texas to his room tho, where texas was shocked by how nice it was. Cali shut the door behind texas, walking over to his closet while texas awkwardly stood with his coffee. He didn't have much left but he drank it fastly, saying as he really needed it if he was playing some kind of dress up with California's clothes.
     Texas looked at his phone, seeing pictures of everyone were flooding the chat. That always happened after a group's night out just so that everyone could share the photos and memories. He found himself smiling softly at mainly the ones of everyone just goofing off. He made sure to save them before his phone dinged, he checked the messages from alaska which were sent in private chat, which was a mix of Alaska and maine, along with texas and California. He appreciated the privacy Alaska granted, not to mention the trust of giving texas the pictures that just had Alaska and Maine.
     When Texas looked back up, cali was walking back over, a light blue sleeveless shirt and white jeans, along with a sort of button up that had beach designs on it and short sleaves. "Ok, so don't button the button up and then I should have a nice matching belt. There's a curtain divider if you wanna get dressed over there while I find it." Cali giggled as he saw texas take the clothes with the most hesitancy he'd ever seen the southern state have. "Oh come on, it's not that bad. You love it."
   Texas shook his head, emptying his pockets onto calis desk before going to the divider in slight annoyance. As he pulled off the sweater and button up from last night, he saw rings made by his binder from having it on so long. They rolled their eyes and readjusted it to be a bit more comfortable, not caring to take it off before putting on the sleeveless shirt. When putting it on, he looked down and his eyes widened from the bruising done by that guy.