piece 12

(Talking about Texas and Oklahoma fires that took place on the 4th, if this is triggering, please don't read something that will hurt you<3)

  As cali brought out food to texas who he so kindly told to stay awake, he set down cold sandwiches and some cut up fruit on the table before grabbing the two cups to go refill both with water. Texas had waited until cali got back to grab one of the sandwiches, taking a glass of water with a slight smile, "thanks, Goldie." With that he started to eat slowly while cali paused a second.
     Goldie... sweet, "no problem, Firefly." With that cali went next to him, starting to eat just a bit of the fruit. They looked at the Amber heard case still on the tv, cali giving a hum, "Hearsay; called it."
     "When you're right you're right." Texas only ate about half his sandwich before hot flashes started to make him nauseous.
     "Is that supposed to be a political joke?" Cali asked jokefully, making texas look at him.
    "Look, I'll pull a Ted Cruz if you start on politics," that made them both laugh a little bit, they were getting more comfortable with each other again, it was... nice.
    Texas went for drinking more of his water and just eating a bit more fruit saying as it didn't make him feel quite as sick. Soon enough Texas stopped and brought the blanket back around himself, sitting closer to cali as the case went on. "You wanna try and sleep for a bit?" Cali inquired toward the other, in which they already had their eyes shut gently.
    "Sounds good.." texas mumbled this, jokefully leaning back on cali. In turn cali grabbed him, repositioning them both to be more comfortable. As Texas was passing out, they couldn't help but giggle a little, looking up at cali who he was laying on, "your beanie is lopsided.." texas tired could be sweet....; and annoying.
    "Just be quiet and go to sleep, Firefly." Cali laughed a bit at him, laying the blanket back over him. Texas snickered as he actually put his head to the side against cali's stomach to rest, making cali shake his head as he went on his phone.
   Practically the whole time he's been with Tex, Alaska and Tennessee have been bugging him for updates on him. While it was sweet, cali could only watch Tex so well when his phone was blowing up, so he hoped they'd be happy to hear the southern state was asleep. And, thankfully, the notifications stopped after that.
     For about a half hour everything was good, and a few states had actually returned. Not many tho, or at least none that bothered the two on the couch, but it seamed like as soon as the clock hit six, texas was awake and freaking out over burn pains, and cali could feel it through his skin too.
    Texas had moved off of cali fast, sitting up while cali got up as well.. they didn't need to exchange words for cali to understand the fires got bad again. He got the blanket off of texas and grabbed the water for him, "You know the drill, Firefly, start drinking water and I'll go get a cold towel for your neck, It'll be ok." With this cali was out fast to do what he told texas he would.
   Texas drank the water but he was tired still and spilt a good bit on himself. He kinda just looked at the hoodie before continuing to drink the water, not caring to much. His head felt like it was throbing so bad his skull would Crack. Slowly he glanced up,  knowing cali was still in the kitchen, "can you grab ibuprofen?" He called but he was quiet, thankfully cali heard and almost instantly cali was walking out with a rag and the medicine.
    Carefully cali put 2 ibuprofen in texas hand while the other took the medicine as soon as his breathing was steady, his air ways being a bit constricted by smoke. Texas overall looked dazed, he heard sirens blurring in his ears yet he couldn't focus through it to be able to hear his cities.. talk about annoying. He glanced at cali and saw his lips were moving but he couldn't hear him over the chaos that was everything happening in his head. He starred at cali until he finished talking, slowly taking his turn to speak, "i.. I might sound like a total dick.. but I didn't hear a single word you said, I think my police got flooded by calls.." He glanced down, trying to focus, feeling heat spread through his chest and slowly spreading through the rest of his body, "fireworks shows are startin more fires..." slowly he started coughing again, unable to even try to attempt to hear what cali might have been saying. He felt a shiver shoot through him when a cold wet towel was set around the back of his neck, but he did quietly mumble appreciation.
     Cali sat there, not speaking. He felt bad as he didn't know what he should do to try and keep texas calm. Slowly cali brought out his phone before carefully typing out a message in his notes app.
    'Is it OK if I touch you?'
  Cali put his phone in front of texas and watched the other read it before he slowly nodded. To that cali carefully wrapped his arms around the other, holding himclose. They shook slightly, but cali just held them close, in attempt to comfort him. Cali watched texas slowly hold back onto him, in which cali felt bad.. it had to take a lot for the lone star state to return affection like this. 
    Texas meanwhile was silently, desperately trying to get ahold of any of his cities. Soon texas got ahold of Dallas, who informed them that both him and Fortworth caught fire. Texas eyes watered and he felt cali's chest vibrate against his own, bit he had to focus on ordering his cities.
    "Request help from Tyler and Sherman, I'll get ahold of.. Abilene and Waco to help Fortworth.." Texas chest shook as he breathed, Dallas giving an OK to the order before he left Texas head.. and all tex could do was try and  focus on doing what he said he would.
    Siren's started to ring less in his ears and he heard cali humming softly.. he didn't know what the song was, but he recognized it from when he wore the other's headphones. "I can here you again.." texas said this quietly to cali as he was still attempting to contact his cities.
   "Is everything alright with your cities?" Texas head hit calis shoulder gently, tho texas was trying to focus, he figured talking didn't hurt.
   "Dallas and Fortworth police have been flooded with fire calls from fire works accidents." His tone was shaky but he starred forward, paying attention to cali's breathing.
    "Do you need help with contacting?" Texas didnt say anything to quickly, his head shaking as he starred down. "Are you getting cold again?"
    'What do you want, we have fire work shows goin on
   Texas eyes widened as he finally reached Waco, fastly he started speaking, "I need both you and Abilene to give help to Fortworth, he caught on fire from shows and their lines are flooded."
   'I can send help but you'll have to contact Abilene.'
    "That's fine, thank you Waco.." With that the city went off; only making texas sigh, fastly shoving the bit of blanket off of him when he felt fire shooting through him again, "hot.. hot.. hot.." He shook a bit, feeling cali hold him close, grabbing the ice water from the table.
   "Here you go, Firefly, it'll be ok.." cali put the ice water in texas hand, holding him carefully as he watched him drink some carefully, getting clear discomfort from the combating temperatures despite the relief it did give.
   'Weak'
   Texas eyes widened and he groaned,  "not the time,  Killeen, but if you wanna be useful you can send help to Dallas or Fortworth." Texas eyes were narrowed out like he been through this before,  cali hanging a brow raised.
    'What happened?'
   Killeen's tone changed and texas sighed,  "their on fire from the shows and.." warmth shot through him again,  making them need to clutch around their gut,  "just send out help to surrounding cities if it's needed,  and quite tryin to send police to Austin, the Austinites are putting their rights into practice,  Fortworth and Dallas are burning. Go help them."
   'On it..'
  Most often Killeen was a city texas struggled a tad with handling, but overall he was happy he got him to listen.  Slowly texas leaned back against cali, who pulled them close again, "I've heard Austin talk a bit about Killeen, what's he like?"
    Tex's had to think about that once,  slowly deciding on what he wanted to say;, "everything that would lead you to hating me.. anything Austin stands against.. he's sorta like how you view Jefferson, different.. opinions."
   He felt cali start messing with his hair before the eastern states spoke,  "I don't hate you.. tho I know what you mean,  he's a republican extremist basically?" Texas nodded,  starting to hear sirens Blair again through his ears.  It sounded a bit like ringing from how loud it was,  and it threw him off guard.
   "I can't hear again.." He felt cali tense before just holding the other still while cali's fingers still massaged through texas hair.
   As it hit 7 o clock, everything just got worse. Texas couldn't focus,  his vision would blur, he couldn't hear what might be said,  he felt himself shaking from both cold and hot,  it sucked. So he could do was lay there with cali, Ransome being comforted in different ways, and he couldn't even deny liking it.. or well,  he could,  but he wouldn't hear what cali would say as a come back and that was half the fun of it.
     Texas turned his head so he could see California's face. He watched the other, seeing he was worriedly looking at the TV, likely trying to distract himself. "I know I probably look like I'm goin insane but you don' have to worry yourself over it." As he spoke cali looked down at him and offered a smile, which made Texas return the gentle grin.
    His eyebrows moved inward when he saw cali's head snap to look back at the front door. Texas was confused for a second before he saw multiple states running in. Tennessee was chasing Florida, GOV was.. why was GOV back? Wasn't he supposed to be doin fireworks? Oh well, GOV had fallowed the two in, and Oklahoma walked in after that. He saw Oklahoma laugh and say something towards him and cali, but texas just sighed.
    GOV looked to california worriedly, "is.. Texas unbothered by Oklahoma saying that?" Of course it was a comment on sexuality, but texas was stone faced and that even worried the state up north from the southerner in question.
    "He can't hear anything but sirens from what I understand. There's been moments where they could hear me but it's been fallowed up by nothing again." DC walked over and sat next to cali, putting the back of his hand on texas forhead.
    "Well, he's really hot but not to bad... has their fires lessened at least?" To that cali shook his head, only giggling a bit when Texas stared at them. The southerner was.. to say the least confused. "Alright, are they bad enough I need to send help? I sent help for new Mexico but I didn't know Tex's were getting so bad."
   "I'll be fine," Texas stated, carefully leaning up off of cali, "They're getting under control, just keep helpin new Mexico, he doesn't act like it but the smokes been gettin to him bad. Luckily enough I was able to send some aid..." Texas yawned, tired but staying sat up, now simply sitting next to cali.
    "Alright than, but is there anything else we can get for you as it stands?" GOV questioned while texas saw Oklahoma walk out the kitchen.
    "How about Oklahoma, I wanna hear what he said before." Cali snickered a bit at this, looking at texas and shaking his head.
    "I don't think it's best to start fights when you're on fire." Cali warned gently, glancing at Oklahoma who was walking over.
    Oklahoma sat down on the other side of texas, a grin on his face, "heard you were a torch texas," he said this calmly, which made texas just look at him.
    "Oh did you now? Smoke give it away?" He questioned while looking over the other state, which seamed to make Oklahoma overall unamused.
    "No, the fires told me." To that texas stunned and quickly looked at oklahoma fully, rivalry subsiding.
    "Do you need us to send help? I can get my borderin' cities to pass over if you give the-" texas was cut off by oklahoma, who quickly hushed the southerner.
   "Quite with that, it's fine. We already have people headed your way, alright? Let's just try to cease the fire while it's possible to, we really don't have anything to bad here we aren't handle'n." At this texas seamed to sigh with relief, only to grab ice water off the table and start drinking it again. He had thanks to say to oklahoma, but his lungs were on fire. Well, they felt like it anyway.
    After Texas drank some water, he looked back at Oklahoma who glanced worriedly next to him; "thanks for the support with the fires, tho as it stands they are getting ceased and.." texas trailed off as the wailing of sirens hit his ears again, "and there isn't a use arguin with me on this because I can't hear." He groaned in annoyance, head hitting the back of the couch as Oklahoma gave a comforting glance while cali ruled his shoulder.
   "Well, at least he should be comfortable I suppose, no one can argue with him." Oklahoma said with a shrug, looking back at cali.
    California gave a laugh, shaking his head, "oh if only that were true, he would kill to argue with us right now." At that Oklahoma laughed to, Gov just watching them all.
    "So, to be clear, you're all on fire right now?" Oklahoma nodded but California shook his head, he barely had anything happening he wasn't used to and really there was only 1 small fire he was dealing with. "Of all the people who are on fire, California isn't one of them.. no offense but.."
    "None taken, let's be real. We just canceled most fireworks from happening and the most really bad happening is just 1 small fire that we're pretty sure was started by a barbacue." Cali confirmed,  which was nodded to by gov.
   "Alright, well will you all be ok while I go stop Tennessee and Florida from doing what they are?" They AL heard a crash, except for texas that is, and all gov could do was sigh as he left the 3.
   "So.. Amber heard case, huh?" Oklahoma said as he looked at the TV, mostly just making conversation.
   "Yeah, it's been good background noise." Cali said while grabbing his phone as it was dinged by Alaska. "Do you know why Alaska and Tennessee are so protective of Texas?" Cali questioned as he sent a message to confirm to Alaska that texas was still  A-Ok.
   Oklahoma gave a hum as he looked at the still annoyed southerner next to him, "well, despite fights we all care about each other, and Tennessee and Texas have always been closer. I suppose Tennessee picked on Tex a bit when we were all younger, but  he also sorta took lead with teachin Tex 'bout stuff." Oklahoma seamed to think a lot while he answered before he looked towards the garage.
   "Than there's Alaska," Oklahoma noted, "Texas sorta wanted to rival with Alaska but it just never worked and soon enough when he learned it wouldn't work he in turn got close with the guy."
    At all of this california nodded, hearing his phone go off again to which he sighed, "yeah, I guess that makes sense. Somewhat." Cali though for a second before he looked at oklahoma, "what about you two?"
   Oklahoma got a bit uncomfortable to that as he rubbed the back of his neck, "well... we rival a lot in sports I guess. We're still neighborly tho. I guess thats just it tho, 'despite our friendly rivalry, we're neighbors.. we're always willing to aid when it's possible.' " After speaking, oklahoma looked over texas again, frowning slightly, "when's the last time he had ibuprofen? I think I got some excedrin that's a bit stronger than what's in the kitchen."
    Cali hummed, looking at texas too, "it's been long enough so they can have some more." To that oklahoma nodded and went to get the medicine. Cali felt weight hit his shoulder and he hummed as a certain sleeping southern state slid down his chest, landing on his lap. Cali sighed and gently layed the blanket over texas, shaking his head, "you are just to much.. or the perfect amount.. sleep well firefly."