Chapter 11

TW: SWEARING, ALCOHOL, INSECURITIES

Image from Pinterest

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Usually, when I trained I donned a typical Elytrain uniform. Having a training uniform was almost as essential as breathing for Elytrians. Breeches (usually white), a sleeved undershirt made of some kind of light fabric with an elastic-y texture (also usually white) and then your jacket to protect you from your training sword (sometimes blue like a military uniform). I don't own a proper uniform, and I probably never will, I've only got Amélie's hand-me-downs. They weren't of poor quality, but uniforms tend to be less breathable the more you wear them. 

But today, I'd traded my uniform for a singlet and shorts today to try and beat the cataclysmic Aliferian heat. All the tall windows filled with little square panes were wide open in the training room . My sweaty eyes were fixed on the tall coffered ceiling as I continued to bench weights. 

My hands were far too blistered for me to be training with a sword, so this would have to do for now. Sweat from my palms had soaked through my wraps and was making it hard to hold the two metal dumbells I had grabbed from the rack the corner of the room. 

Phil and Amélie had disappeared without a trace, not that I minded. I'd gone into the empty kitchen for breakfast, against Father's word, and then came straight here. Though, I mainly went to the kitchen to make a hangover cure. 

Not remembering what happened last night was the worst thing about today. The most I remember was sitting upstairs in the Pube feeling miserable, and then after that were just little glimpses. I must have passed out and someone must have found me and then told Wil, I don't know how else I would've been brought home. 

Thanks to Tubbo's miracle hangover cure shit, I managed to drag myself into training. I heave a sigh and set the dumbbells down before sitting up again. I stretch my wings and run my fingers through my feathers as my mind wanders. 

The parts of my memory that detailed a rooftop felt like a fever dream. I am not sure if it actually happened. Holy shit what if it did...? I felt my cheeks redden. 

All I could remember was warmth, which made no sense since it was raining. The part that I couldn't shake was blue eyes. Tommy's blue eyes. I slap my cheeks trying to being myself back. I'm a fool. If what I remember actually happened then I've made myself look like a fool, in front of Tommy of all people. He could tear me apart for this, tell the others how weak I am, how broken I must have looked. 

I should not have left the house. I flop back down onto the bench press, letting my wings spread out on either side of me. Working on the water system issue was more important than trying to drown my embarrassment in exercise, but that is the last thing I want to do. I loll my head to one side and frown as I look through the open window.