Chapter 31

TW: SWEARING

Hi guys! If you're confused about this chapter, it may be because you missed the extension on the last chapter! I added a double space where the first section and extension of the last chapter are. Sorry for the confusion and I hope you all have a good day/night <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bright white light cuts through my eyelids, making me grimace as I try to adjust to my surroundings

Bright white light cuts through my eyelids, making me grimace as I try to adjust to my surroundings. I'm cradled by something soft and stiff, my head supported by a pillow. Flinching, I force my eyes open. Woven branches stretch over me like an obscure tunnel and light seeps through the gaps. Voices fade into my foggy daze and I roll my head to one side. 

Tubbo and Ranboo stand on either side of a bed with a stern-looking elytrian. Half-circle glasses perch on the end of his nose and his robes are a strange beige colour. Scrunching up my face, I force my brain to think. Looking around some more, I see a shelf opposite us above a bench of some kind. The selves are crammed with herbs and bottles of coloured liquids, cloudy and clear. I look up and realise that the tunnel I was seeing before is actually a ceiling. 

This is a nest. A healer's nest. 

My hands shift over the sheets as I come too. I frown when I don't feel any pain at all. Wasn't I just dying? I think. Despite the lack of pain, my wrists are thoroughly bandaged and I look to my other side seeing that my wing is splinted. I squint at a table next to me littered with empty bottles. In the bottom of each one, the scraps of pink residue gleam back at me. They must have been healing potions. 

As the mugginess in my mind clears I feel the familiar ache of an old injury. A groan escapes me and my head starts throbbing. Even though everything has been healed, some of the pain still remains. 

The small noise I make is enough for Tubbo to whirl around. Some of the worries on his face melt when he sees my eyes are open. Tubbo's clothes and hair are covered in ashes from whatever he had to do to make the machine explode. He had attempted to wipe the grime from his face and hands, but blackness still clung to his hairline and around his eyes. 

"Aster!" He says dashing over to me. I'm pulled into a warm friendly hug. Chuckling, I notice that Tubbo even smells like soot and fire. As he pulls back, I notice that I'm still wearing the clothes I wore to Mount Velikan. 

"Tubbo, what happened?" I ask feeling desperate to work out what happened after I crashed with Tommy... Holy shit Tommy. 

"Is Tommy-"

"You crashed into my tree with the avian boy," the healer comes over with Ranboo hot on his tail. Before I can try asking again Ranboo hugs me as well. "Not long after I found you and brought you in here, these two appeared. They begged me to treat you two, and, well, I wasn't about to turn away two dying patients."