𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

"There's a mission to you in the outskirts of Seattle

"There's a mission to you in the outskirts of Seattle. A missing six year old boy who was kidnapped two days ago. You are expected to find him and bring him home alive. You will be deployed tomorrow morning at six am sharp. Here's the boy's file." Austin, my boss, throws a file onto his glass desk in front of me.

I nod my head when thoughts of leaving Amani by herself for a few days comes to mind. My jaw tightens in response but I don't put up a fight knowing not to piss of Austin. When he says something you do it, no back talk.

"We'll get him out." I say.

"You're dismissed." He says further and I nod my head before grabbing the file and standing up.

I walk out when I see Camilla waiting outside for me. A frustrated sigh leaves me at just the presence of her being around me.

"I know you said you don't date but I was hoping you would accompany me to my sister's wedding next weekend." She says desperately.

And the reason why my opinion says desperately is because everytime I came here she is always trying to date me, or trick me into going out with her.

She won't stop pestering me and it's starting to get on my nerves.

I ignore her and eventually she takes the hint. Stomping her foot on the ground and scoffing before storming back to her little office.

Sighing in relief, I make it back to my car and when I'm about ten minutes away I call Amani but it just rings.

I call her again and this time when she doesn't answer and funny feeling settles in my gut.

I phone Arlo's phone and when he doesn't answer that gut feeling just intensifies.

They're in trouble.

The voice in my head says.

Shaking my head to get rid of my thoughts I press my foot down on the excellarator.

Pulling onto their street I see an ambulance, police and Vincent's cars in the drive, I feel my gut stink as my face pales drastically.

I immediately park my car and the curb and jump out, running inside only for a stretcher with an unconscious Arlo being wheeled out quickly by the paramedics with a pale Vincent behind them.

When he sees me he nods at me before joining one of the paramedics in the back of the ambulance as the other drives away. The siren blaring through the street.

One the policeman notices me immediately lets through.

I step inside and is met with a pool of blood at the front door, I step over it amd see a tear striken and trembling Amani being questioned by the police with a blanket wrapped around her.

The man questioning her looks to me and stops mid question before setting his hand on her shoulder and bidding goodbye not before telling her to come down to the station tomorrow morning whenever possible.