𓍯one

Deaf Library Student x Popular Kid
Nigel x Evan
***

"This isn't fair!"

"Life's not fair."

"Why am I getting in trouble for something my friends did?" Evan snapped at the principal as he was led towards the library. "Did you even speak to my parents?"

"I sure did, why do you think you're not being expelled and only being punished to library duty? No football for three months, just this, this is your punishment-."

"You can't do that! Right when I finish this stupid 'punishment', the team will be having their final games - possibly even championships! This school can't get that far in the games without me." Evan reminds the principal sharply, but when he saw that cause no reaction, he scoffs. "So, you don't care for the schools football reputation? You'll lose the consecutive record this school has in terms of having never lost a championship if you do this."

Evan saw that his words weren't making any impact, groaning when he got to the doors of the library. He didn't want to waste his time in the library that rarely anyone ever used.

It was easy to admit that in comparison to what punishments his friends got compared to him...this was much more preferred. He was not as involved in the deed that got him into the trouble he's in, but he already knew because of association...

When his principal opened the doors, he was immediately disgusted by the smell that filled his nostrils. Looking around the dusty place, he saw the blinds were open and it was too bright. There were some computers on the side, but he didn't let that stop him from still dreading this place.

"For the next three months, you will come here right when the school opens at six in the morning to do the necessary things required. You'll go to school normally, then when that's over you come here and do the work necessary until six-."

"This feels fucking illegal, you can't just...force this kind of child labor upon someone!" Evan snapped at him.

He looked around some more, only to set his eyes on the empty front desk.

"Oh, I see what's going on here," Evan chuckled, patting his principal's shoulder, "You're low on staff. Is the school that lazy to not just hire another person to take the job, what's up with that?"

Evan began to go towards the desk, shaking his head in ridicule. Only to gasp when someone stood up from behind the counter quickly.

Holding some books in hand, he looked up to see a guy looking down at him too. He didn't expect anyone to be behind the counter...but he also didn't expect for a student to be there too.

"Nigel, this is your temporary assistant." The principal spoke up now, Evan looking as he saw him do some simple sign language while speaking.

He frowned, looking back at the guy who grinned.

"Assistant?" Evan spoke up sharply when he regained his grip, seeing the principal nod. "Assistant my ass."

"You have three months, and if you don't think you can do it, come to me. I'll suggest some other schools for you once I expel you." The principal mocked back just as sharply, causing Evan to glare at him.

As he walked away, he saw the principal stop suddenly. Only to turn back around and look at him sternly.

Evan was confused as to why he was looking at him like that. He already got the memo.

"What?"

When the principal just left, he scoffed at such a thing. Only to turn back around and saw the Nigel individual still standing there.