𓍯ten

Deaf Library Student x Popular Kid
Nigel x Evan
***

"Evan, hey?"

Evan looked, seeing Terrance walk over towards him with some of his friends behind him. He looked back forward at his locker quickly as he slammed it closed.

"What?" Evan answers back, his arms folding as he looked at him.

"Oh...? Are you mad at me or something?" Terrance frowned in confusion as he could clearly hear the hostility. "You aren't actually upset that I left that one time to go see my girlfriend, right-?"

"I could care less about that, I honestly forgot about that." Evan interrupts him easily. "I just have no interest dealing with whatever nonsense you have to share."

Terrance was put off by that, but he ignored such an odd moment as he chuckled. Patting Evan's shoulder, he tried to ease whatever the odd situation was.

"As you know, it's a new month. December, so...I was going to have a party; but... I was going to ask if we have it at your place." Terrance asks him, seeing Evan's face remain blank. "Don't forget. The party was at my place last month, so this is your month. I don't know...if you're into it considering how off you've been acting-."

"Party at my place so that it can get rowdy again and the police not only get called on me, but everyone lets me take the fall for it?" Evan interrupted him once again.

Terrance looked over his shoulder at the others who were just as confused by the change in attitudes. They weren't sure what happened with Evan, but he was now...less approachable.

"It's not like that."

"It's always like that."

"Well...not this time." Terrance insisted, nodding surely as the others nodded with him. "The parties at your place are the highlight of the year! I am really...surprised that you aren't interested. Is there something you wanted to talk about because I do care about you as a friend. We all do, if you have something to say, just say if. I won't be mad."

Evan just looked at him and saw the others. They all bothered him and the only person he wanted to be around was Nigel. Who, in his eyes, was all he needed to feel at his best.

Having a party so that everyone can just make a mess of things again...?

"Evan?"

He brought himself back to reality as the others waited. His arms folding to his chest, leaning against the locker now.

"Just doesn't sound appealing to me, that's all."

"What doesn't sound appealing?"

Evan flinched, his head whipping onto Nigel who was walking up. He grinned down at him and his hard exterior completely melted away.

Terrance noticing the difference as Nigel looked at him.

"Terrance wanted me to have a party at my place. It is my month...for the parties to take place at who's house. December is my month, as was October...and August."

"You have all the cool months, I see." Nigel chuckles, causing Evan to grin shyly. "I mean...if you have the party, I wouldn't mind going. Sounds interesting...and I haven't been to a party in years."

Evan's eyes widened excitedly, grabbing Nigel's arm as he looked at him seriously. Smiling up at him as Nigel just grinned down at him, everyone looking in disbelief.

"If...I throw a party, you'll come?"

"Sure, why not?" Nigel nods, and Evan couldn't say no anymore.