𓍯four

Deaf Library Student x Popular Kid
Nigel x Evan
*** ^Evan siting on the ground

Evan sat on the ground, looking down as he tried to catch his breath. He didn't allow himself to be home much now that Thanksgiving Break was around.

He didn't want to be home at all. Not around his dad at least, and he really couldn't avoid him there. Going to school was his chance to escape, to not feel the stress and annoyance he feels around his own dad. He knew it was messed up, but he could care less.

Even right now, he went to a public basketball park that was some distance away from his home. He was already aware that his backyard had a basketball court and much more things a kid would dream of. Just the idea that his dad would be there to possibly impede on his peace ruined it for him.

Another thing he couldn't stop thinking about was Nigel himself. He truly felt bad for how things ended on both ends.

Even though Nigel's glasses wouldn't have broke if he didn't push Evan in the first place. That's how he saw it in his mind, but it would be pointless to say such a thing to him. He already knew it'd just start a problem all over again.

It was as if Nigel didn't believe him, that he didn't genuinely want to learn sign language. His ulterior motives behind learning it was so that he can become involved in his date with Mason - just something to distract himself with. Except now that he'd seen how Nigel reacted and truly felt about teaching him...he really wanted to be taught sign.

As he sighed finally, he suddenly heard footsteps heading towards him. When he looked up, he saw-.

"Nigel?" He gasped excitedly, even surprising himself with how excited he sounded. Except as he looked up at him, he saw how irritated he looked immediately. "Are you - I don't know - stalking me?"

"Not everything's about you, this is a public basketball court. I come here all the time." Nigel says surely, and Evan looked away from his face.

Only to do a double take as he saw finally what Nigel looked like under his baggy clothes. That immediate shock took him over and he stood up immediately.

His hands gripped Nigel's arms, not even able to go around them as they were even more muscle-filled than his. Then for him to see he actually had decent clothes on...?

"You can dress...it's a facade!" Evan cried out, Nigel pulling away from him with evident annoyance still. "No wonder Terrance asked why someone like you was back in the library collecting dust. You're literally...not ugly."

"Do I need to be ugly to work in the library? What's wrong with you?" Nigel shook his head at him. "I'm going home, I thought I could play a little, but guess not-."

"No, don't go, I want to talk to you actually." Evan grabbed Nigel's arm, stopping him only for Nigel to rip out of his grip.

He saw he was clearly still upset about what was said last Friday. His hand balled up as he rested it above his heart, moving it in a circular motion.

"I'm sorry," Evan says, nodding multiple times to him, "I am truly sorry, we didn't get off on the right foot. I want to learn sign language, I do. I also want to take part in helping you with your dates with Mason. I even am sorry for pushing you when you pushed me first and it caused you to land on your glasses."

Evan saw Nigel raise his eyebrow at him, and he immediately smiled at him.

"I'm not lying, I'm not usually one to lie, you know." Evan states confidently and he sees Nigel still not say anything. "Am I getting the silent treat-?"

Suddenly, Evan was surprised that Nigel was grabbing his arm. Only to sit them at the curb that Evan was just sitting at. He looked at him and saw Nigel ball his hand up kind of, his thumb off to the side.