𓍯eight

Deaf Library Student x Popular Kid
Nigel x Evan
***

"What did you do?"

Evan looked at Nigel, seeing his eyes narrowed on him. He stayed silent...wondering if Nigel knew, but clearly he did.

"Did what?" Evan answers back as he hadn't even walked to the library yet. School was over, but this was the first time Nigel came to him.

He wasn't going to admit it yet because he was uncertain on if he actually knew. Only to see Nigel's narrowed eyes relax. That threw him off a bit because he expected him to keep glaring at him, except he was calm.

Eerily calm.

"I...I spoke to Mason and...told him you were ready to have a date with him soon." Evan confesses quickly once he knew it was on the edge of his lips.

Looking at Nigel, there was an odd sense of comfort in just telling him this now than later. Feeling even more comforted when Nigel sighed, seeing him snicker.

"I'm not mad at you, I just want to know why you did it." Nigel clarified beforehand, causing any leftover nerves Evan harbored to instantly dissipate.

"Because I wanted to...get closer to you and help you in this date."

"So...you think lying about me wanting a date with someone else is the way to do that?" Nigel chuckled, causing Evan's face to heat up. "I see. You're quite interesting Evan. I never know what you will do next."

Evan saw Nigel turn away now, beginning to walk back in the direction of the library. He quickly followed once he slammed his locker shut, rushing up beside him. Only to see Nigel looking over at him now as he appeared in his peripheral vision.

"So...you're going to go on a date with him, right?"

Nigel pursed his lips, a grin on his lips. Seeing such a thing confused Evan because he wasn't sure if that was a good expression, or if it was mocking him in any way. It didn't appear to be that way as Nigel looked back forward normally.

"I don't think so. I am quite busy and I really don't have time this week to go on a date. I'll have to tell him that there's been a misunderstanding-."

"Wait! You can't do that!" Evan exclaims, noticing Nigel still looking forward and he sighed. He already knew he'd have to repeat himself, but now he wondered if he should.

He did lie, but what did he have to do that would cause him to be busy. Would that mean...he'd be left to handle the stuff in the library all by himself?

"What...will you be busy doing this week?" Evan questions Nigel once they reach the library.

Nigel looked at him as if that should've been obvious, only to see a truly curious expression. Wanting to know badly it seemed, and he smiled.

"One, I'm still teaching you sign language. Two, I have to make sure you don't burn the library down. And three, I'm too busy watching you, silly. I don't have time for dates when I have to babysit you, of course." Nigel snickered, and Evan didn't know if he should be happy about that or embarrassed.

Because now he was hearing the reason why he wasn't going...was because of him.

The shyness was kicking in without him realizing as he was at a loss for words. Nigel raising his eyebrow upon him as he noticed the evident change in...his everything.

That was truly his reason as to why he couldn't go on such a date. Though he could go on the weekends, but he wanted to decide that on his own accord. He did feel kinda bad since Evan lied and now he's have to come up with something.