𓍯two

Deaf Library Student x Popular Kid
Nigel x Evan
***

"Evan wake up!"

Evan sat up fast, looking at his dad who glared down at him.

"What is it?" He sneered at his dad, running his fingers through his hair as he looked at his window. Seeing the sun hadn't even risen, he laid back down. "Why are you trippin'? Leave me alone-."

"You need to get to school at six! I wasted ten thousand dollars on you to not be expelled from that school after that incident you pulled. You will get up, now!" His dad raised his voice, causing Evan's eyes to widen in remembrance.

He ended up throwing his legs over his bed, grabbing his phone as he saw it was-.

"6:23? I'm twenty-three minutes late! What's the point of waking me up? Besides trying to piss me off?" Evan sneered at his dad as he stood up.

"You need to become more responsible. I'm tired of your nonsense. You're fucking seventeen and you have no accountability or self-responsibility! I'm tired of this Evan, this ends now. So, if you get in trouble for being late, that's what you deserve." Evan's dad tells him quite harshly, causing Evan to ignore him as he began to get ready. "I'm leaving for work, six minutes early because I'm a responsible adult who accounts for the traffic and-."

"Okay I get it, shit!" Evan snaps at him, his dad rolling his eyes as he walked out.

He couldn't stand how hard his dad was on him. It wasn't always like this, but he knew it was because of the trouble he's been getting into. Though, in his defense, it was truly his friends.

Doing all of that mess never interested him, it was all by association. He wasn't a snitch, but because of them all 'going down together', it almost caused his expulsion. Only for his dad to give them a payout to keep him at that nice school.

Except...he'd rather have been expelled than do this nonsense.

He didn't even allow himself to eat breakfast, driving to school in a hurry. Because it was obvious that Nigel didn't like him and he even let him leave early. Now he was showing up on his first day, technically, late.

Usually, he wouldn't care about that kind of stuff. Being late and what others typically thought of him. Right now though, he just didn't want to be ratted out that he was late.

Even when he arrived at the school, he rushed inside as he dug in his pocket for his lanyard. Only to begin to realize-.

"I fucking left it!" Evan groaned, laying his head against the school doors.

Because the school wasn't open to the students this early, only faculty. So technically, he was faculty and the card allowed him access to much more things. Without that lanyard that held his card, he couldn't get in.

As he stood there, defeated, he suddenly felt one of the doors begin to open. He stepped back to see Nigel looking down at him as if he expected this. Only to sigh as he turned away.

Beginning to head back, Evan rushed inside and walked right in front of him. Stopping them both from continuing, he nodded up at him.

"So...? Are you planning on ratting on me?" Evan questions him quietly, and he saw Nigel just look at his lips. "I know you know what I'm saying, you're looking at my lips. You can read lips perfectly right, so you say; so answer me. Are you going to rat me out that I was late?"

Evan saw Nigel look back at his eyes now, only to snicker as he walked around him. Anger rising as he grabbed Nigel's arm harshly.

He watched as Nigel turned to face him completely again, his eyes glaring down at him. Evan's anger dissipating when he saw such an expression.