𓍯thirteen

Deaf Library Student x Popular Kid
Nigel x Evan
***

Evan drove up to the school, excited about the new week and this Monday. Which was unusual because who was ever excited about Monday's?

He rushed towards the door as he was getting ready to unlock it. Until in the glass doors reflection he saw-.

"Owen?"

Evan saw Owen walk up towards the doors, and he frowned immediately at him.

"Why are you here so early?"

"I should be asking you that," Owen snorts, unaware of why Evan was here, "I'm here to speak to the principal real quick. He wanted me to give him all of the assignments that I had to do when suspended. I probably failed everything, I go to school for a reason and they really expect me to teach myself this shit?"

Owen sighed, running his fingers through his hair as he saw Evan unlock the door with a card.

"Wait...did you steal that from a teacher?"

"No, I work in the library. Why the hell would I steal this?" Evan looked at him angrily, shaking his head again as he went inside. Owen right behind him as he followed him towards the library.

Not knowing that Evan was aware of what Owen did to Nigel. Except Owen wasn't aware of whatever...Nigel and Evan shared whatsoever. Because in his mind, Owen was straight.

"Don't you need to go to the office?"

"The office can wait, it's not like he gave me a time anyway. My parents just wanted me to be here early so that it looked like I 'learned' something from this." Owen snorts and Evan didn't pay him mind as he went into the library.

He didn't care if Owen saw Nigel because he was fully confident that nothing would come of them. Considering what he was told by Nigel...a relationship or further embroilments wouldn't be happening.

Except when he went in, he saw Nigel wasn't at the counter. That threw him off as he expected to see him there. Only to go over and look, seeing Nigel crouched behind it. Seeming to have rebooted the computer systems, he looked up when a shadow formed over his head.

"Good morning, you're on time." Nigel smiled, unaware that Owen heard his voice clearly.

Owen found himself rushing up beside Evan, looking over as he watched Nigel stand up. The both of them making eye contact and Nigel was put off by seeing him this morning. He wasn't expecting to see him at all.

Looking at Evan, based off his expression alone he wasn't excited for him to be here either. That helped him decide that Evan didn't just bring him here, it was unplanned.

"Owen, good morning." Nigel nods at him, causing Evan to walk around the counter. Only to allow himself to stand beside Nigel. The both of them now looking at Owen who's eyes were set solely on Nigel.

"I never knew you worked here. If I had I would've visited the library much more."

"That's not necessary. I don't want to be distracted." Nigel shook his head at him, causing Owen to snort.

"You think I'd be a distraction?"

Evan tried his best to hold back his anger for the situation, but it was mainly towards Owen. He was already aware that it probably wouldn't be this way if it wasn't for Nigel allowing him to do such a thing, but still. Somehow he felt like that didn't matter and that Owen was over-exceeding his limits. When in reality, nothing was really exceeded at this point. Besides a person speaking to their crush, so it seemed.

"Not the good kind of distraction," Nigel ends up clarifying, and hearing that made Evan feel better without his realization, "Why are you here anyway? Most students aren't allowed here this early."