𓍯seven

Deaf Library Student x Popular Kid
Nigel x Evan
*** ^Evan in frustration...

"I'm mad, I'm upset, I'm pissed off."

Evan looked at Terrance, seeing him at his house this Sunday as Thanksgiving passed. Having the Thanksgiving food was the best part to him, and he was happy he could taste such a thing. It was better than what his own chefs have made!

Except...Nigel acted different the whole time.

It was too much of a difference for Evan to pretend like he didn't notice. He ended up finding out that Barry...happened to stay in the library after school with Nigel. Nigel watched him until his parents were able to pick him up, and he grew a brotherly bond for Barry.

So that's where the bond was. He had no idea it was that close. Now it made sense as to why Nigel didn't seem so surprised and called him a bully. He was aware to some degree of what might've happened, he just didn't know what.

Now, he knew.

Evan left his house the next day.

"Why are you mad, upset, and pissed all at once?" Terrance asks him while texting his girlfriend. "I'm honestly surprised you asked me to come over-."

"Because someone else besides...our group knows what happened," Evan snapped at him, seeing Terrance look up at him in shock, "I told Nigel."

"You told the boy from nowhere?" Terrance questions him, and Evan frowned. "What?"

"He's not a 'boy from nowhere'. He's my friend-."

"Yeah...from nowhere. When did he even arrive at that school? Listen, I've asked around and literally no one knows where he came from or who he is. Has no close friends or relationships that you could call relationships - just...flings. He was pretty well-liked, but that's just because of what they've seen and heard on him. None of them knew he was deaf either. Why is there nothing on his backstory? What's of him before he became who he is? He kinda...gives me the creeps." Terrance says off the top of his head, seeing Evan glare at him. "Not like that. He seems nice, I swear; but you know how you look at someone and you can just tell?"

Evan looked at Terrance, seeing him still texting his girlfriend. Only for him to stop, looking over at Evan now.

"Tell what? That you're bullshit?"

"No. That they aren't what they seem. Why do I just look at him and get this vibe that he's actually...not that good of a person either? I don't know, maybe it's just me."

"It is." Evan snapped, seeing Terrance snort as he went back on his phone.

"He's only been at our school too since this year, he transferred from somewhere else. Why? I don't know, I don't care - just saying."

Once that was said, now his words set in.

He didn't know that Nigel had only been there since this year. Why did he transfer from his other school in the first place?

Now he wondered more than ever.

"Well...tomorrow I'll see him and I want to explain some more. I can show him the videos-."

"Don't show him that. That really doesn't help your case. I wasn't there because I was with Anja, and good thing I wasn't. That's a little...just no." Terrance stood up now, walking towards Evan's bedroom door. "I'm gonna go. Anja is asking me to come over and...I didn't think you'd invite me here for this either."

"Don't act like you didn't have anything to contribute to the conversation."

"I guess. See you tomorrow." Terrance left, Evan sitting down on his bed now. Looking on in slight annoyance as it was still the middle of the day, and he did have an appointment to get his haircut. Possibly would get a perm too...