𓍯twenty one

Deaf Library Student x Popular Kid
Nigel x Evan
***

"Friends don't do this to friends."

Evan ignored Sal's pleas as he went to class. The both of them seeing the signs that were placed for the contestants that ran for Homecoming King.

To see his face beside Sal's entertained him.

"Sal, I've let you have Homecoming King since we were freshman. Don't you think I've been selfless enough?" Evan questioned him in annoyance.

"No, not at all!" Sal grabbed Evan's arm harshly as he stopped him from reaching his classroom door. "This was the last year...last year for me to do this and complete my family tradition. Your ass...chooses to run on the last year I need it the most-?!"

"Well, if you're as well liked as you think, you should beat me easily, yes?" Evan raised his eyebrow at Sal.

He saw him look completely distraught by the result of that conversation. Because it simply didn't go anywhere. If anything, Sal continued to hear the same words and get the same reaction.

He didn't stop begging in hopes that he'd be able to persuade Evan. That he'd give in to his words again. Because Evan always gave in eventually, but this time... It wasn't happening.

"Your holding me up from my class. I already skipped so much a few days ago. Just accept it for what it is. I am running, and if I win, I win. If you win, it was meant to be." Evan smiles down at him, seeing Sal glare at him. "Don't be that way. We can't always get what we want."

Sal watched Evan walk into class now. His hands balled into fists as he had an idea of why Evan was so held up on doing this.

It is what he's been hearing through their friend group for the longest time.

He rushed to class, rushing in as he happened to have a class with Nigel. Not that he ever thought he'd ever have to speak with him this way.

Rushing to his desk, he slammed his hand onto it. The person who was partnered with Nigel looked up warily.

"Take my partner, Nigel is with me now." Sal says quickly, and the student got up quickly with no hesitation.

Nigel noticing what Sal did, his eyes moving onto him. He didn't allow himself to show his complete and utter disdain towards him. Except he did put on a smile towards him.

"Sal? What's up-?"

"You listen, and read my lips well," Sal sat down in the chair quickly, getting closer towards Nigel, "I don't know what you did to Evan, but I don't think you get it. Homecoming King is apart of my family tradition, a generational thing. If you...don't convince him out of this, he'll ruin everything."

Nigel just looked into Sal's eyes, seeing his hatred for him. Yet he was begging him almost.

That desperation was so obvious that it was almost something funny to laugh at. Someone so held up on something that won't mean anything in a couple of years.

...it made him want to take it away even more.

"I can't control what Evan does. If he wants to run, he can run. You have no right being upset about his choices. You're just insecure, and it shows-."

"You're playing a dangerous game Nigel." Sal interrupts Nigel quietly, his lips tightening together. "I don't know what your fucking problem is with me-."

"I have a problem with not just you, don't be so conceited," Nigel interrupts back, looking back forward at his paperwork and the project at hand, "Your want...for this stupid crown and trivial title makes me want to take it from you. Except I don't want to run anymore, Evan wants to. I decided that I have no interest in taking away something from someone who is so hung up on something so stupid."