𓍯eighteen

Deaf Library Student x Popular Kid
Nigel x Evan
***

"Is Nigel home?"

Evan looked at Nigel's older brother it seemed, seeing him have his eyebrow raise on him.

"Nigel? And you are?"

"Evan." Evan tells him, seeing his brother's eyes narrow on him. "I'm the one that came that one time...at Thanksgiving."

"I remember. I'm just surprised to see you again."

Evan immediately had a feeling he knew why, because originally, Nigel wasn't intending on going this far with him. Until both of their feelings were stated and things changed from there.

Now, he wasn't sure if he has now ruined that entirely.

"I'm surprised I'm still here too, but I can't speak on that right now. I need to talk to Nigel, please?" Evan insists to his brother. "What...is even your name? I didn't even know he had siblings."

"Sibling, just one - me," Nigel's brother, Michael, states, "And my name is Michael. You won't see me here again probably because I'm on break from college. So, unless Nigel just magically invites you to one of our family gatherings again...I'll see you again."

"That would be nice." Evan smiles at such an idea, but when he saw Michael look at him with contempt, his smile ceased. "Is there a problem?"

Michael was aware of Nigel's...choices and actions about things now. He wasn't sure if Evan was one of the people he was intending to do his 'revenge' thing on. He was aware of how much his brother changed once that car crash happened... Never did he think that it'd make him this way.

"You're aware of Nigel, right?"

"Yes." Evan nods, seeing Michael not budge. If anything, he didn't seem to believe his words that he knew. "I do. That's honestly the reason why I'm even here in the first place. Feelings were hurt, I hurt his because of a misunderstanding... No, not a misunderstanding-."

"I highly doubt you hurt his feelings." Michael snorts, soon stepping off to the side. "If anything, you may have pissed him off."

Evan looked away from his brother, walking inside as he just went up their stairs. He headed towards Nigel's closed door and before he could open it, he felt Michael grab his arm.

"You're also aware that he's a psychopath?"

Evan kept his mouth shut, looking back at Nigel's door. He pulled his arm away from him, sighing.

"You're just going to out your brother like that?" Evan questions him, seeing Michael frown.

"I don't think you understand how much he's changed. He may be my 'brother', but he's not the brother I once had before the crash. I'm just letting you know now before you're in too deep-."

"I'm already in too deep with him, so you don't need to explain anything to me. I'm already aware." Evan interrupts him harshly.

Knocking on Nigel's door, he pressed his ear to it. He tried to listen in for anything and still saw his brother shake his head at him.

Only to walk away from him now.

He already knew that he was just trying to make him aware, but he was already aware. The fact that his brother told him all of that kind of annoyed him to some degree.

Suddenly, he saw Nigel's door open. He looked to see him glaring at him already. There was no kindness in his eyes and if anything, he looked disgusted. Evan cleared his throat, forcing a smile onto his face.