22

Max, stammering a little unblinkingly as he continued to gawk at Arnav in disbelief.
As a hard punch lands on him.
His face whipped in the direction feeling the force he let go of Khushi's hand

Khushi saw the face that took her breath away,

"how dare you!!!." He demanded, pronouncing each syllable menacingly.

A smirk tugged on Max's face as he shouted," ohh so her savior is here."

"How dare you hurt her, I'll make you regret this decision for the rest of your life." Arnav menaced, his voice hard. Khushi suddenly felt the atmosphere's temperature had just dropped by a few degrees.

She glanced at Arnav's direction and saw his lips suppressed into a line and his face pale white.

He was worried about her.

Gnawing at the corner of his lips, Arnav took a quick glance at Khushi from the corner of his eyes and slowly moved toward him.

Khushi's eyes widened in shock as she gawked at him in disbelief, but he cleverly avoided her gaze.

"Be a man Max"

"Nooo!!!! " , Khushi screamed at the top of her lungs as she watched Arnav being cornered in the middle by four guys. One by one, they tried to punch him as hard as they could. Blood started to trickle down the corner of his lips, and his handsome face was covered by a bruise ,when max took advantage of Khushi and punches him hard But he refused to fall on his knees and make a sound.

Tears of anger and frustration swelled up in her eyes, blurring her vision

Thankfully he dodged every other punch ,She bit her lower lip so hard that she could taste her own warm blood gushing out of the wound. But the pain was nothing comparing to the pain inside of her chest.

Arnav'... Arnav... she called out his name repetitively as she writhed in pain, trying to remove Max's hold off her. The pain on her arms and legs felt numb to her. At that moment, she just wanted to help him.

"Behind you!" Khushi abruptly screamed on the top of her lungs in horror without realising, Her brain had stopped working the moment when she spotted Max's friend again approaching Arnav vehemently as Arnav came towards her.

She didn't know where she mustered the courage from or how she had found her voice again.

The call hauled Arnav out of his own thoughts and his quick reflexes kicked in as he forced his body to move out of the way, still got hit on the face

There was a trail of blood near the corner of his lips and a bruise on his jaw Khushi noticed suddenly, feeling her own chest tightening at that sight.
He gets all these trying to save her from Max's harrasment.
Khushi felt her heart stop beating right then as she caught a glimpse of it and realised how severe it was.
He was bleeding.

Suddenly Arnav's eyes turned dark, giving a assuring nod to Khushi that he is fine, he turned his attention back to Max and his friends .

"Sorry Maa you made me swear on you not to fight unnecessarily but sorry I have too...
Dad told me to always keep your loved ones safe
Family is everything
And she is everything too"

Indignation coupled with fury as Arnav said in a controlled voice, "Well, let's fight now?"
Throwing his jacket he tightened his jaw and launched himself at them

Arnav's fists smash Max on his face as he cried out painfully and screamed,"you bastard"

Spinning around he held the other guy under his control and jammed his right leg in his stomach throwing him away, he gave another punch to max,
One of the guy who was with them earlier ran away seeing him fighting.
That was the reason no one fights with him he doesn't start a fight unnecessarily if someone provoke he retaliate badly.