27

'Maybe it's because there's too much going on. Every time he comes into the story, I always get an enormous headache…' she trailed off. 'He spoils everything, you know? Just when I think he's gone, he shows up again and again and again! I just hate it!", Meredith you are listening,"right "
Khushi asked looking at her cat , another gift from Arnav when Stella died he bring her.

She is her only friend left now,"Khushi's friend "

She sighed and took a deep breath. 'It would've been better if I knew nothing about him except his name… That would be heaven for me right now. I wanna move on, but I –'

Flashback

Arnav looked at Khushi he groaned mentally,she has been crying since yesterday,

Her cat Stella died

And she is crying like a little girl

"He a beast a cruel man with no heart, he doesn't care about a life she loved him and he being a heartless Jerk"

Not only she everyone think the same after all she screamed at him in front of the class these same words insert some crying too.

It's not like he is not understanding but she is really making it a point to embarrass him

That's why not able to take it anymore

A day later

Khushi looked at a little cat in front of her she saw Arnav and a smile bloomed on her face

End of flashback

He left me hanging here by myself, and with every passing day that I have to stay here and hope and wish against my own reasoning that he will come back, every day.

So now I know. If he ever comes back, sighing "no he won't come back".

People lie. They say that all things heal with time. And for many things it's true, But this? This is perhaps the one thing that time cannot touch.my pain was strong. Now it's been magnified ten times. Or several hundred; I've lost count. Either way, it's so far past just "strong" now.

Now he's turning me around, with those hands, I can't help thinking, and I can't help but to look up into his eyes.

They're still the same eyes that I remember, those green eyes with brown tint that were so loving, so caring when they gazed into mine. But his face…it's so different
His arms close around me, hold me closer, closer. I missed this for so long that I don't know what to do. I stand stiffly, as if waiting. But then I feel his hands running up and down my back, soothing, so soothing. My arm is crushed between us, but I don't care. I lean into him, and my head finds that curve in his shoulder that I know so well. And as my arms move of their own accord to hold him too, all my thoughts of emptiness, of loneliness, die away.

He had come back. In time to save me. My tears drip gently onto the thin fabric of his shirt. I feel his lips on my hair, loving. Feel his fingers on my cheek as they brush away my tears. Loving.

His lips move down to my temple, to my eyelid, to my cheek, and finally down to my own lips. Gently at first, then, as all the longing and uncertainty crashed down upon us, he pressed harder, but his lips remained soft, and his arms hold me impossibly closer. I leaned into him, and felt as I did the first time he kissed me.

She woke up with a jolt.
Through the turmoil of mind, she realized something. Something so inexplicably small, but so undeniably huge, all at once

"He has taken a part of her "

The party was a mess she doesn't even want to remember it's 11:55 now
She checked her phone to see his number flashing

"Hello"

"Happy Birthday Khushi, I am sorry I didn't make it"

"It's okay I am sorry too, Aaron didn't knew he disturbed you sorry "
Saying this she cut the call.

I thought I had been waiting for him to come back.But now I know he  will never come back.
Looking outside the window sniffing quietly a serene smile on her face,

"I love you Arnav"

I wipe the cold fog off the window, and look out of it. I look out past the low gray walls surrounding the house, look out to the sparkling city beyond. I think about how I long to go there. To be there, where the noise and bustle and hustle would take my mind off of myself. Off of me, and everything that's been remind me of him.

The empty, rain-washed courtyard reminds me of happier times. When we had played together, and talked together, been best friends. And he had kissed me there, right in the shade of that big willow tree, underneath the sky that had seemed so bright after that night. So we were lovers, too.

But "we"? There is no more "we". He's gone.

I woke up to an empty bed and cold sheets. There was no comforting warmth and steady breathing beside me, no arms holding me close. No. Just the coldness. The white walls of the room surrounded me, the sunlight reflecting blankly off of them, its warmth all gone.

The deceptive sunshine was shining lovingly in through the window, lighting up the glass figurine of the beautiful dancing angel at the foot of the bed. He'd given it to me last year for my birthday. It, too, shone cheerfully, reflecting in a twisted way the confusion roiling inside of me.

And even before I got out of the bed to wander the halls calling his name, I knew he was not going to come back. Cold stone floors greeted my colder feet, and my voice echoed vainly, bouncing off the high arched ceilings. A lonely call.

I tripped on my way down the stairs, the hollow feeling inside blurring my vision worse than tears ever could. The porch door was open, and I stumbled out, the light momentarily blinding me. Everything looked the same as it did yesterday, but to me, it had all changed in some small indescribable way.

The tall willow tree, which had always stood proudly in the centre of the garden and looked out over the world, had a strange, sad air about it this morning. Its branches seemed to hang lower than usual, its leaves grazing grass that was still wet from the morning's dew.

It was all so beautiful; the sweet normalcy of life seeming to fill the world. And I had never felt so empty, standing there, a lone figure tilting on the edge of the end of this world, the chasm inside of me every bit as large as the one I was about to fall into. But I shed no tears. The chasm had swallowed them up.

Standing here, I got my first taste of what true loneliness was. And from then on, nothing has been, or could ever be the same.

I had to finish it so staring at where it all started , The tree the parking lot where she confessed there first no.. second kiss under this tree.
She touched it caressed it lightly, remembering there old days.
She is back to her old college just to remember old days trying hard to muster up the courage to end it all, she has too.

Weeks have passed since that awful morning. A thousand more will probably pass before I can get him out of my head.
Maybe
Until I die.

I know too much poetic but what to do she is a writer 😅😉😊