26

Chapter - Memories

"Archiee!" A shrilly girl shrilled as she latched onto her boyfriend as they were both walking home after class, "If you love me, like really, really love me, you'd take me to the mall! I need new shoes!"

The boyfriend, Archie, sighed as he wrapped his arm around her shoulder. His expression was futile, because he knew he had no other way of getting out of this trap without actually succumbing to it. "Fine," he muttered, "I'll pick you up tonight around six?"

"Great! I love you Archie!"

"Love you too, keera." Her boyfriend said, albeit rather tiredly, as they walked off.

Khushi, twenty years old and last year in college shook her head in disgust as she watched the young couple walk off, arm in arm. Her friend, Michelle stood beside her, staring at what she was staring at. Khushi pushed her tresses off of her face as she turned around and to walk away, her annoyance emitting off of her.

"What's the matter?" Michelle asked as the two started to walk to the college cafe.

Khushi shrugged. "That's such a stupid thing to say," she cleared her throat and began to mock the girl from earlier, high pitched and giggly. "Oh archiee!" Khushi mimicked, "prove to me you love me even if you asked me out, made me your girlfriend and fucked my brains out! Take me to the mall because that proves me just how much you love me despite all the other times I asked you to do something for me because you love me!" Khushi growled low, walking even faster.

Michelle exchanged glances with her boyfriend who was sitting with ASR. "What's wrong with that?" Michelle piped up, "So she made her boyfriend take her to the mall with a small little insignificant line, what's the problem?" Michelle asked.

"Because it's so stupid. She knows he loves her, and hell if she wants to go to the mall, she has friends to go with!" Khushi muttered, "Damn, if he doesn't want to go with her and she's forcing him to, then it proves to me that she doesn't love him."

"It's their relationship; she can say what she wants. Plus, you can't tell me you've never said that to ASR." Michelle questioned as she linked arms with her friend. Khushi and ASR have been dating for a few months now and everybody knew that they were going to last.
They have never seen ASR like that like he is with Khushi the guy who think he has to pay tax if he smile , teases her laugh with her they are really good together.
Everyone knows he is really serious about her,his actions says so and so is Khushi who started blushing even hearing his name.

"I never have and I never will." Khushi proclaimed definitely as they walked into the cafe and spotted their boyfriends.

"Like I believe that." Michelle rolled her eyes. The girls sat down , Khushi besides her boyfriend and noted that he looked exhausted beyond belief. Arnav's head was lying on the table and Khushi sent a questioning look to James, who looked tired, but wasn't falling asleep like Arnav.

"What's up with you guys?" She whispered as she rubbed Arnav's back. He relaxed and buried his head further into his hands.

"Up late night to finish my term project." James yawned. "

I stayed up longer because of some other work and I fell asleep on the couch, and today our coach was extra nice he made us run miles because we didn't win last match and yeah did I mention about today my car broke down in the middle"

Khushi winced. "Ouch... you guys started your practice for the upcoming matches already?"

Arnav and James share a look remembering how their coach behaviour,who looked like Hitler to them.