28

Arnav's gaze shifted to the sky. It was pale blue and silky, enveloping the earth with its gentle embrace. The clouds chased after one another in a game of tag, so carefree , while he was imprisoned by his own troubles.

Narrowing his eyes in a desperate attempt to forget about his worries, he muttered a curse under his breath. Just as he was feeling the urge to drop-kick a rock in the middle of the side walk, he saw a girl with short hair sitting on the bench a few meters away under a beautiful tree, she looks like Khushi he went near her to see someone else.

December, the season of death and a rebirth, she thought. When December ends a new year begins, and the snow slowly melts away under the sun, marking a hopeful new beginning. And then, spring comes; the symbol of rebirth and hope.

On the other side

The corners of her lips curved upward into a small, content smile, as she felt the feather-light touches of his rough hand on her exposed skin. The sensations of such gentle touches lingered on. A few strands of  hair escaped from the hold of her hair clip and dangled around her face, tinged slightly pink in certain areas.

They were laughing at something he said ,he whispered something and she burst out laughing. Suddenly," Khushi let's try again baby "

Panting hard she woke up with a jolt ,she threw the duvet away suddenly she felt cold it's December tomorrow is her birthday she is not in the mood , she went to kitchen Gulping a large glass of water she tried to calm down her racing heart who was beating so loudly that she is afraid of someone hearing it.

13th December

He walked silently through the dark path,he has been out for a walk , leaving behind the laughs and running music that had been straining his sanity. He didn't even know how he had come to be there.
It's her birthday today
His another promise he broke

" Arnav you will make it to my birthday,"right ", Khushi asked seeing him all busy now a days he didn't even have time to breath, his college , office and everything is taking a toll on him.

"Khushi your birthday is more than two months away, mad girl you are worried about that now ", Arnav said rolling his eyes at her

"Whatever just be present at my birthday, I will be 21 it has to be good you have to be there", Khushi always have a thing for birthdays be it her 16, her 18 and now 21 she will be an adult.

"Okay , I will be there I promise ", Arnav said laughing at her who was already planning for her 21st birthday party "

"Khushi", he sighed in a dejectedly before leaning against the trunk of a huge tree and looking up to the branches in search of the sky.

He knew very well what had prompted him to be out of the house. It had been exactly more than a week since he had broken up with Khushi . It had been more than two week of silences. He is going insane,he knows his family is worried too. It had been exactly one week since she had avoided any contact with him.

Last one was disastrous

He slammed his closed fist against the trunk, biting his tongue as he piped down the impulse to do it again. He felt a grip on his chest, tightening little by little and then just coming to cover his whole chest. That had been happening a lot lately and surely, he was getting sick of it.

He wanted to laugh out loud at the absurdity of the situation. He grimaced as he felt the stab sensation emerge once again on the left side of his chest, spreading slowly and constricting his throat.