23

Chapter - Acceptance is the key to be truly free

"Arnav..."

Arnav couldn't help but feel sad. His bangs covered his eyes as he looked down at Khushi's figure. Never before had she looked so vulnerable to him. He wanted nothing more than to just wrap his arms around her and kiss away all the confusion he caused in her life.

Khushi suddenly looked up. Arnav saw her tear stained face, and wiped away a single tear with his thumb. "

I...I love you Arnav." Khushi said.

Instead of Arnav having to speak , Khushi closed the space between them, and gave Arnav their very first kiss to share.
"I love you"

It was a memorable moment that both hoped would never fade, even though they knew that they'd be kissing eachother like this for the rest of their lives.

Khushi's pov

I couldn't speak. He pulls me into his arms, breathing in the scent of my hair while I was ruining his shirt. He realised I was crying broke the hug, looked at me relieved to see my smiling face and kissed my forehead.

I was firm and the warmth that was seeping into my cold palm drove away the invasive coldness of winter. Like the gentle caress of the spring breeze, I suddenly felt the world became so much clear and beautiful.

Just then, Arnav reached out and brushed my messy locks of hair back from my face; his gentle touches felt so feather-light yet tingling at the same time. I felt so mesmerized that I almost forgot that he was stepping into my personal space.

Everything around them seemed so strangely quiet and distant, and I was lulled into a light doze as his fingers caressed my face . It still felt strange to me how I got to where I am right now - standing by his side and holding onto his large, somewhat callused strong hand.

I had come a long way. Really.

When Khushi's vision aligned with Arnav's, she felt it hard to breath. His eyes, no longer gentle and soothing, were burning with burning passions and promises of a brighter future. She saw a surge of emotions and feelings that she had never seen before in his eyes.

Her fingers were numbed from the coldness from the outside and were red from the harsh wintry wind that struck her delicate skin like a thousand needles. She reached out shakily to brush aside the bangs that were falling into his eyes.

His expression softened. He looked so peaceful like that. Thick eyelashes as dark as charcoals left featherlight touches on his pale skin, what a brilliant contrast, she noted. Her hand froze in mid-air, the tip of her finger still touching his soft and ruffled hair.

She couldn't pull away. And before she knew what she was doing, the tip of her forefinger trailed down his face, from the corner of his closed eyes to the shadows underneath them, outlined the structure of his nose and the shape of his dried, cracked lips.

"You said everyone needed a companion on the road of life." Her voice was shaky and on the verge of breaking. She paused suddenly,And smiled
Her smile was forced, her smile was sad, her smile was concerned yet flawless, her smile was hurt.

Chivalrous emerald eyes bored into watery blues, his lips moved, opening and closing slowly as if chanting a spell that unlocked all the emotions in her. "You're not one of those people who were meant to be left alone, because you've got me and I've got you."

Suddenly Arnav leans in ,"I always wanted to do this ",there hearts beating louder as he removes the gap between them ,
He brushed his lips softly against her twice before gathering the courage,

It was soft and slow ,he moved back being unable to open their eyes for a moment to lost in the moment

Giving one small kiss ,he pulled away as he rubbed his thumb over her lips before devouring her again. Hearing her moaning his name as he bites her lip.
Arnav's hand slipped towards her hairs then realised she is wearing wig ,he slipped it back and pulled her more close as possible.

When they pulled away they both were breathless they can feels eachother saliva inside and outside Khushi gulped hard to control her heart beat , her eyes closed trying to process what just happened
"She had her first official kiss "
"She always used to think how it feel when someone kiss you and it was magical for her she opened her eyes slowly to see him eyeing her lips again,even she doesn't want him to stop"

They stopped when someone shouted

"Get a room guys "

They both sprang apart,
Blushing furiously
Khushi blushed beet red and Arnav had a winning smirk on his face.

Suddenly, he sneezed before he could hold it back and the sound echoed in the thick, but pleasant silence between them.

Achuuuu!" he sneezed again. Frowning deeply, he cursed the cold weather and stomped his feet against the snowy ground.
"Let's get you into something warm before you catch a cold." She murmured into his ears in her enchanting, tone of voice.

Suddenly both looked at eachother and started laughing.
Arnav pulled her close as they both left in his car.

He slowly made his way to her scarred heart, frozen under layers of ice. His presence changed from irritating to comforting, and she wasn't sure how to live through the days without him by her side anymore.

She got so used to him being around that it felt strange to not have him sitting next to her.

The last thing she could recollect from that day was being into his arms and letting out everything she bottled inside of her for all those years.

He said it was okay to cry; he said he was there.

Okayzzz....
How was the update

Next chapter will be updated on Tuesday

Thanku 🙂😉