29

Arnav looked at himself giving a last look he ran outside
He has decided he will make everything alright

He messed up he will make it alright

Ratna smiled seeing her son she just prayed to God to make bless her kids and her husband.

She wiped her tears with her palms, and took out her diary. She wrote down the days events, and suddenly was hit with inspiration. She wrote a song, pouring all of her heart and soul into it, and closed her diary once she finished

she grabbed her diary, just in case she couldn't get herself to repeat the whole situation again. Before she walked out of the house, her brother stopped her.

"Are you okay?" he asked, in a concerning voice.

"Yes Aaron." She gave him a hug before she left the house. Be careful Sis.. he thought as he saw her walking down the street.

A messy haired boy stood by the door of her classroom, waiting for a certain person to come. He loved this person for a long time
he grew to befriend her, and now love her. He was afraid of rejection. It wasn't because he was ugly or anything , but she would never look at him that way, he thought. They were friends, best friends turned lovers

"Khushi, I want to talk to you "

Khushi, let me explain!" Arnav pleaded but Khushi didn't want to hear any of his excuses.

"No! I don't want to hear any of it arnav! You've done this far too many times! This is the last straw! We are through!" Khushi said as she walked out of class crying. She didn't even bother to look at back, as she passed by.

Upon arriving outside, Khushi broke into a run. Her mind was in turmoil. She has trusted Arnav with her life, even though her mind told her not to. Whoever said that 'love was blind' doesn't know how true he was.

"I'm pathetic, thinking that I had finally found the love that I have been yearning for since I was a child!" Khushi whispered to herself. Tears were finally pouring down her cheeks ," how easily he said sorry,how could he just asked me to give him another chance after the hell he put me through .... ". The events of the day finally took its toll on her. Khushi had been too caught up with crying and failed to notice that she wasn't alone anymore.
Upon reaching the doorstep of her apartment building, She was about to go inside the building when she noticed something hanging on her bag.

Khushi smiled pathetically to herself she hoped that one day, their paths would cross once again he will come back to her he will say sorry and they will be back like always now realisation dawned how hard it is she can't even if she wants to he broke her heart her trust .

A blue eyed girl sat, cross legged, in the living room of a very neat apartment. Her hair was soaking wet and her eyes were dull, dry and bloodshot. A red blanket was wrapped around her shivering body, and she wore a t-shirt and sweatpants. She sat on the tan, leather couch with a solemn face; her eyes fixated on the empty space in front of her.

Arnav walked into the room balancing various items on a tray. He looked at Khushi , his green eyes showing concern and sympathy loaded with regret of making her go through all this . He walked to the coffee table in front of the couch and knelt down, whilst placing the tray on the table. He then faced Khushi and placed the back of his hand on her forehead.

"You're burning up," he said simply.

She only shrugged in indifference

The boy frowned. "Khushi," he started. "Don't beat yourself up over this. Come on, just drink it; I don't want you getting sick." He took her free hand and closed his over it. "Khushi..."