chapter 4

“Welcome to the Adventurers’ Guild! Please take out your ID card.”

Lysette is greeted by the receptionist’s cheerful voice.

The Adventurers’ Guild is a large and magnificent structure just outside the Dungeon.

This is the first time Lysette has set foot in the place where adventurers come and go as they explore the dungeon. The structure is large, clean, and busy.

The receptionist in a blue uniform who took her identification card over the counter smiled as she switched between the card and Lysette’s face.

“You must be new here, Lysette-san, and welcome to Norun.”

“Yes. Everything is new to me, so I’d appreciate it if you could show me around.”

“So you want to be an adventurer? Please place your hand on the board and wait a moment while we assess your current status and abilities.”

She complied by placing her hand on the silver metal plate on the reception desk. She can feel the cold metal on her skin.

—I wonder what this will tell me.

The receptionist, who is looking for something behind the counter, becomes serious in front of the excited Lysette.

“….Hmm? Huh?” What?! Have you already entered the Dungeon?”

—How did they find out?

She wonders if placing one’s hand on this board will reveal the status of the Dungeon.

—Interesting.

Lysette thought for a moment, but she was sure that common knowledge inside the dungeon was very different from common knowledge outside, so she answered the question.

“Yes—it was a fantastic experience.”

“Didn’t you go to a party right away?”

“No, I’m alone.”

The receptionist’s face turns pale.

“That’s… I’ve never heard of a beginner entering a dungeon by themselves and escaping safely. And at this level…”

She mumbles something and raises her head.

“Perhaps Lysette is gifted!”

“Thank you very much.”

She gratefully accepted the compliment.

“You should still organize a party first. There will be a recruitment fee, but you will have a much better chance of survival.”

The alchemist expressed the same sentiment.

They help each other by complementing each other’s strengths and weaknesses. If we can accomplish this, the efficiency of our search will skyrocket. A veteran may be able to teach you a lot if you hire one.

But there is one major issue.

—I have nothing to begin with, and gold.

“I would be happy to introduce you to some of our members if you wish.”

“Thank you very much. But I’d like to do some more exploring on my own.”

—I lack the gold to hire someone, and I lack the track record to persuade another party to hire me.

Only a good or bad guy would hire an inexperienced Lysette.

“Hehe, then you’re welcome to join our party.”